We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Remodeled Kitchen, Using What You Have Update!

08 December 2010

Remodeled Kitchen,  Using What You Have Update!




Well folks!  It's complete.  I know I said it should only take about TWO weeks, but who was I  kidding?  Huh, myself!  Two weeks my .... (insert whatever word you prefer here!)  This project took SIX weeks to complete.  It wouldn't have been so long had Mike not had to go back to work so quickly.  I mean seriously?  Three weeks is not enough time to spend with my honey after being gone for a WHOLE YEAR!  Well, he must make the money to support my craft happy addiction!  So without further ado... THE KITCHEN, in all it's glory!

Start to finish....just some fun pics from our journey.  I could spend a year telling you all how I did everything, but I won't!  If you have questions about a certain task just ask!  I will be happy to let you know how we did what!!



The 80's ugliness....say bye, bye!


My honey, hard at work...cutting out the bead board.


Oh, what a dusty mess!  Sanding down all the cupboards and cleaning them all out!
I really did help in this process!


Painting the inside of these things SUCK! 


Thank goodness for paint guns!  We masked off the kitchen and Mike went to town.
Two coats of primer and two coats of antique white paint!
Oh So Pretty!


The tile!  This job was MASSIVE!  We didn't just do the kitchen, but down the hallway and the entry way too.  I think at this point, Mike wanted to quit and go back to Iraq.  Tiling is hard work and THANKS to Mike C and Judd who came and helped.  We couldn't have done it without you both!
Now, after this tiling job I PROMISE I helped Mike GROUT. IT. ALL.


Glazing!  Who ever knew you had to make something so UGLY to make it look so PRETTY?  I felt like I was destroying all the hard work when I was putting this glaze on top of the pretty white cabinets.
But, it was all worth it because this is what I have now!!!


Isn't it BEAUTIFUL?  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new kitchen.  I am so proud that Mike and I did it all!  We worked so hard and learned so much with this project.  The biggest lesson learned? 
NEVER DO IT AGAIN!  Just kiddin! I would definately do this again if it meant I got to stare at this beautiful kitchen instead of that ugly ol' thing before!  Now, all I need it a new stove, microwave and dishwasher.  Anyone want to take care of that for me?

7 comments:

Tracy December 8, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

Gorgeous. I grew up with a mother who has that thing you have. It's made me seriously averse to remodeling anything more complicated than where the pictures hang. I gotta tell you, I'm inspired and re-thinking my old thinking.

Kathy December 8, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

Totally worth all the blood, sweat and tears! Your kitchen is to drool for!! Great job!!!

Michelle Wilkes December 8, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

It looks fabulous! I think you need to post more pictures, though. Like the other side. (You can see a little piece of it in the last photo, bottom right hand corner)

Shelley Davis December 8, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

Wow!!! I am blown away! Gorgeous! I would love to see close ups of the cabnets. I can't see what the glazing did exactly to them. It looks wonderful from a distance though! What a lot of work!
Shelley

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP