We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Easy No bake, Holiday Mint Thins and Recipe Link-up Party

05 December 2010

Hey all,  I though that today that I would show you a recipe I am planning on making today.  I am sure they will turn out good... if not I will probably still eat them cause they are chocolate, and I am prego.  But these looked so cute and easy, I knew that I had to show them off.

Easy No bake, Holiday Mint Thins:

Easy No bake, Holiday Mint Thins
yields approx 36 thins

1 pkg (8 Squares) Baker's Semi Sweet Chocolate, melted and lightly cooled
1/4 tsp Peppermint Extract
1 sleeve Ritz Crackers (36 crackers)
1 candy cane (6 inch) crushed

Instructions:
Mix Melted Chocolate and Mint Extract together until smooth.

Dip Crackers in chocolate, turning to completely coat each cracker.  Carefully scrap off excess chocolate.  Place crackers in a single layer, on wax paper-covered baking sheets, sprinkle with crushed candy cane.

Allow to cool, until chocolate is firm 
(Kraft recommended placing them in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool, but I have always had problems with the chocolate blooming (getting white streaks)- maybe I get it too hot to begin with, so I wouldn't try it!- tell me if you do and how it works out for you!) 

Optional versions:
Oreo cookies

Chocolate Peanut butter version: 
Omit the extract and spread the cracker with peanut butter before dipping n chocolate.

Omit extract and candy canes and use any holiday's themed sprinkles


12 comments:

Brianna! December 5, 2010 at 7:32 AM  

awesome:)
you could also
dip one half in red colored white chocolate and the other half in green:)

Anonymous,  December 5, 2010 at 7:44 AM  

I've made a recipe with ritz crackers, peanut butter and chocolate before, but this one is new to me and sounds yummy! Simple too, which I love.

My first time at your party - thanks so much for hosting!

Tru December 5, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

This looks delicious. Wish I had a recipe to add, but I don't have any new posts for now.

Anonymous December 5, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

I've made these before - they're amazing!! Thanks for hosting and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

gina December 5, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

I have made these for years but never added the crushed candy on top. YUM! They are go tasty.......just like Girl Scout Thin Mints!

Katie @ This Chick Cooks December 5, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

Those cookies look yummy. I love thin mints and I want to try them. Thanks for hosting the swap.
Katie

a moderate life December 5, 2010 at 4:58 PM  

Hi Cassity! I wandered over here to visit you on this lovely sunday afternoon and I am now following your blog, facebook and tweets. This is my first time linking to your sunday recipe swap, and I am linking up a Giada recipe for cheese-stuffed dates with prosciutto that we had as a starter for our thanksgiving meal and it was a hit! I love your site, what a wonderful mix of projects, food and green! All the best, Alex@amoderatelife

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP