We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Creative Kitchen Hardware Idea; Using Old Fuses

23 December 2010

Creative Kitchen Hardware Idea; Using Old Fuses

I have been living in my current house for almost 4 years.  When I first saw the kitchen it was almost like a blank slate.  It was very neutral in color and simple in design.  
This is how the kitchen looked before we bought it.

Simple in design equals no cabinet knobs.  I’ve searched and searched for knobs I LOVE!  I found these beautiful mercury glass knobs from Anthropologie.

However, living in a one-income household means that I can’t bring myself to spending $8/knob, when I need 22 of them.  Anthropologie doesn’t seem to remember we’re in a recession and refuses to put these beauties on sale. (Trust me, I check pretty much on a daily basis.)  So I’ve been searching for a less expensive, yet creative, alternative. 

I found my answer at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore I visited this last weekend.  Old fuses for $0.25!!!!

Before

After

I don’t know if they will stay on with Gorilla Glue.  I’ll keep you posted.   I


Update (07-02-10):
Gorilla glue didn't hold up.  Actually, they came off pretty quickly.  However this worked just dandy!!!

12 comments:

- Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl December 23, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

Yanet,

You genius you. What a great and creative solution. And thanks for the feedback on Gorilla glue. I used JB Weld to repair a silver tray handle and it has held up to many loaded platterfuls.

Thanks for sharing.
Brittany
http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

asnipofgoodness December 29, 2010 at 2:34 PM  

Oh, don't ya just LOVE the restore store?????? LOVE it!!!! Those fuses were a great find, and that was such a clever use for them! Thank you so much for sharing, now I'm on the look out for random fuses!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP