We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Zucchini Lasagna Recipe & Recipe Link Party

07 November 2010

Okay,  I actually made dinner for tonight and it is only 3:15 (it is Tuesday while I type this - Double wow for being so prepared on my blog which rarely happens!).  I know amazing!  Anyway, this is a recipe I found through my Martha emails last fall.  I really should have posted it earlier when Zucchini was growing like crazy but that is just how it is!  This is another vegetarian meal.  It is SO delicious!  And fast to put together, although it does take just about an hour to bake so plan a bit ahead (which is one of the reasons it has taken me so long to make it, I just don't plan dinner ahead... bad habit!)

This image is from Martha:

Okay so I have one or two personal changes, cause I like a tiny bit more flavor and tend to just use what I have!  But here is the recipe.

Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
Serves 4-6

  • Olive oil cooking spray for baking dish
  • 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim cottage cheese (or ricotta) cheese
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 1 egg
  • 1 ounce Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 2 medium zucchini, (8 ounces each) halved lengthwise, then sliced thinly crosswise 
  • (I added an extra yellow crook neck squash once cause I had it!)
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
  • 2 ounces shredded (1/2 cup) part-skim mozzarella cheese


Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray an 8-inch square baking dish; set aside.



In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, cottage cheese, egg and parmesan; season with salt and pepper. In another medium bowl, combine zucchini, garlic, and oregano; season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.


Spread 1/3 zucchini mixture in prepared baking dish; top with two lasagna noodles, then 1/3 ricotta mixture. Repeat twice with remaining zucchini mixture, noodles, and ricotta mixture, finishing with the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella.


Cover baking dish with aluminum foil; bake until bubbly and noodles are tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove foil; bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.



13 comments:

Terri-Lynn November 7, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

Oooooo, thanks for doing a recipe linky party. I just posted my first recipe last night so I linked it right away.
I love your site and look forward to your posts :) Thanks for your contribution to the Bloggy community!

Anonymous November 7, 2010 at 7:57 AM  

I made this exact lasagna last summer and we LOVED it!!! It's it fantastic?? Thank you so much for hosting and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Pati @ A Crafty Escape November 7, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

That looks super yummy... we still have a ton of zucchini so I'm adding it to this week's menu. Thanks for the idea!

Elizabeth November 7, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

Did you know that you can do lasagna in the microwave? Depending on your wattage, put it in on high for about 15 minutes covered. You can add 5 minutes if not totally done.

Krystal November 7, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

that looks amazing! i wonder if I could get my husband and kid to eat it. I'm going to try!

-Krystal @ recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

Katie @ This Chick Cooks November 7, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

That lasagna looks so yummy! Thanks for hosting the linky party. Have a great day!
Katie

Thelittlebrownhouse.us November 7, 2010 at 2:13 PM  

I am getting so old... I just realized that I linked the same recipe that I put in last weeks party! Feel free to cut the Monte Cristo sandwich post!

Katie Riddle November 7, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

Mmmm, you can't go wrong with lasagne. The flavors only get better as you finish off the leftovers. :)

Elisa November 8, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

I must say that after seeing this recipe I was inspired to make veggie lasagna. I kid you not, I literally got up from my computer to prepare it. I used an eggplant and spinach (cause that's what I had. LOL)

and what a great idea to put paper in your kitchen. It did look different, I liked it.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP