We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Revamped Little Girls Room; Bird House Tree Theme

22 November 2010

Revamped Little Girls Room; Bird House Tree Theme


Recently I revamped my little girls' room. We've been in our house almost two years and their poor, neglected room had yet to be completed.

I was going to go with a shabby chic theme initially, but decided to go in a completely different direction. (My girls are not really the shabby chic type...they are more "freespirited", like little finches). So bearing that in mind I decided to do a tree top/bird themed room instead.

The whole redo took me six or seven hours total...I did it while the girlies were at school so I could surprise them. (I am so wishing I had been a good girl and took some before pics, but this was prior to me documenting all of my projects.)

Thankfully the walls had recently been painted, so I didn't need to repaint them. However, they had been painted a very soft pink, Barely Pink is the color actually. I didn't mind the color, but thought they needed to be brightened up a bit.

This is where it got a little scary.

I decided to try painting my first ever mural on the wall. I really wanted it to feel like the girls were sleeping up in the trees.

I tried drawing the mural on the wall first, but I soon realized that is was easier just to freehand it than try to paint within the lines.

So, I threw all caution to the wind and let the paint fly. Here's the end result.



Instead of painting each of the little birdies on by hand, I cut little paper birds out of scrapbook paper. I used modge podge to adhere them to the wall. I also did the same thing with the leaves. I like the idea of the birds and leaves having a pattern rather than just being flat paint. It's hard to see, but the leaves have a subtle polka dot pattern

as do some of the birds, along with some more vividly printed birdies.

I bought some unfinished bird houses at the local craft store and painted them in fun, bright colors. I also mod podged scrapbook paper on the roofs of them to add a little pattern and to also tie everything in.


I found the bright green quilts ($30 each) and sheets ($17 each) at Target. I also found the owl pillows ($25 each) and lamp($40) there. (Oh how I love one stop shopping.)



I think I spent an additional $20 on scrapbook paper, birdhouses, craft paint etc., but that was it. In total I spent just over $200 to completely redo the room.
Pretty good for a days work.
And look what I just found. You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'? Oh ya, new pendant light out of this stinkin' cute little bird cage. (More on that when I get 'er done).

4 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP