We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Redo An Old Wooden Dresser to A Snow White Beauty

19 November 2010


Redo An Old Wooden Dresser 
to A Snow White Beauty




Well, I have to say that it has been very rewarding starting a blog. I love to share ideas but most of all, I have enjoyed getting inspired.

Here is one of my latest finds and makeovers. I found this bow front antique dresser on Craigslist. It was horrid, to say the least. If my friend, Jen, were on here... she would testify to that.




Just a bit of trivia... This is called a cheval mirror- a mirror mounted to swing in a frame. I didn't know what to call it, myself, until I had to find hardware to install it. I asked for mounting bracketts for a cheval mirror @ Ace. The guy working there gave me a double take and then we both laughed. I told him I did some research and that's what they call it. That will teach me not to do my homework, haha! Long story long... we found something that worked.
Anyways, it took a lot of sanding and I mean a lot. I chose, Country White (a.k.a.  cream), in a semi-gloss. Most of the time I use Valspar paint from Lowe's but this paint came from the huge Superstore, you know the one. It's not bad paint but it did take an extra coat. I guess there is something to be said for the old adage, "you get what you pay for". You can get great deals on quality paint by looking in the mistint section. I've found some of my favorite colors that way.

I added period glass knobs to the top 2 drawers (it was missing the hardware) and I painted the handles black. You can find glass knobs @ Hobby Lobby or Lowe's.





I am actually keeping this one. Yeah :)

Hope I gave you some ideas on taking an, otherwise, ugly dresser and making it new again!

7 comments:

Jennifer Beard November 19, 2010 at 12:44 PM  

I just found your blog. I'm loving what I'm seeing so far! I'm going to attempt to redo a buffet & china hutch set with a light blue. I'm excited!

DIYbyDesign November 19, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Gorgeous job. I love the color and those glass knobs. Thanks for sharing. You're always an inspiration.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP