We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Pottery Barn Inspired Paper Mosaic Art Tutorial

11 November 2010

I was asked to participate in the Copycat Challenge at Sew Much Ado,


Luckily I just happen to have something in my archives that worked- since I am not really up to fighting a 15 month old and my 6 month along belly to get new projects done right now- besides maybe loading the dishwasher and I am pretty sure that would bore you all!  

So for those of you that haven't seen it here is my paper mosaic Pottery Barn Inspired Art Tutorial. For those of you that have seen it, and seen the million blogs that copied the idea- sorry!  Enjoy!

Cassity


I have whipped up a little pottery barn inspired art work tutorial for y'all.  As seen here:


See, while looking through my trusty catalog I saw this (below), and I loved the mosaic piece of art.  So, I set my trusty little mind to figuring out a way to make this for myself, and now you can too.  
( like my scrawl on the picture?... that is how I remember random ideas that float around in my brain...)


Collect your supplies:
Paper cutter
Scrapbook paper 
(in the colors of your decor)
Paint 
(for background, in color of your choice, I used black)
Paper glue
Modge Podge
Piece of wood or Art canvas
(mdf or osb something inexpensive!  Have this cut to your desired dimensions, 
both Home Depot and Lowes will cut 4 x 8 foot boards down, 
or they sell smaller 2' x 4' pieces usually on an endcap..., 
I wanted mine to fill a larger space, so I did mine at 3' x 3')



There you have it.  An easy work of art that can be custom made to match any decor.
If you get the chance, please stop by Remodelaholic you will find tons of tutorials, just click on the image :
And many more!

Since featuring this project on Ucreate, I have had a great response and I wanted to show you one of the projects that was submitted to me.   Rose sent this, and she used 2 x 2 squares.  
It looks great, and I bet the larger size saved a lot of time! 

3 comments:

naomi November 13, 2010 at 3:26 AM  

thats so cool!! I want to make one right NOW!
Love your colour choices too.

Mandy November 19, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

That looks amazing. Perfect idea for when I have too much time on my hands. ;)

Melinda June 21, 2011 at 12:41 PM  

This is awesome! I haven't crafted before but I'm going to give this a try. What brand/type of glue should I use to glue the paper onto my canvas?

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP