We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Master Bedroom Newly Decorated

23 November 2010

Master Bedroom Newly Decorated

I titled this "the bedroom" because we live in a townhouse, and we only have 2 bedrooms: ours & Emma's. It seems like I've been working on the room for so long, but it's because I refuse to go out and buy new things, without getting rid of the old stuff first. Everything that was in our room prior, that I didn't keep, I sold on Craigslist. We have very little storage here, and it doesn't make sense to do otherwise! (This however, doesn't help my impatient nature, at all.)

Here's what the room looked like before:



And here it is now:
I am in love with the gallery wall because I took all of the photographs on it, except the portraits (obviously! haha.) and the one of Big Ben, with the old cars & snow.

I plan on piling more books up around the room, I just have to get them out of storage. Most of the books in here were given to me by my Grandfather, so they hold a lot of sentimental value.. and they're probably my favorite things in the room. The title of that bottom book always makes me laugh. It's called Emotional Problems of Living. haha.

I got the trunk on sale at Hobby Lobby.. and you probably won't believe it, but it was only $40. And the rug was the first thing I bought for the room. I saw it & bought it on an impulse.. got buyer's remorse while I was loading it into my car, then convinced myself on the drive home that I would return it the next day, and fell in love with it all over again the second I put it on the carpet . I'm almost certain that this means I have some sort of mental disorder.

The throw on the bed is from Pier 1. If you have an affinity for texture (I do), go buy one. It is the best blanketever. I have two now. I want to layer some more throws, but I've yet to find the perfect ones.

Of everything I purchased, I spent the most on bedding. I'm very frugal, but I don't mess around when it comes to my sleep.. and I can honestly say that I look forward to crawling into my bed, all day long, because it's SO comfortable.


So that's it. It's simple and cozy and it doesn't feel cluttered.. and I absolutely love it.

5 comments:

Champe@MyDesignGuide.com November 23, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

great spot for a large number of small family photos. MyDesignGuide.com is a big fan of books for use in decor - you'll see that in an upcoming post - we may have to share this example from Holly's /Remodelaholic's.

Jude November 23, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

WOW, I adore all the care and love that obviously went into this! That gallery wall and the title of the bottom book are awesome :) I think I'd get over any insomnia in a room like this!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. November 23, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

Great job! I love the calmness and the personal touches in this master bedroom. It really has a ton of character!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP