We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Master Bathroom Remodel With New Tub, Floors, & Vanities

01 November 2010

Master Bathroom Remodel With 
New Tub, Floors, & Vanities
contributed by Penny @ The Comforts of Home


The master bath is finished. Well, except for installing my vintage chandelier over the tub and that will happen after the first of the year. So I wanted to share with you how beautiful it turned out! You can see my inspiration pictures in this post, here.



Fair warning - there are A LOT of pictures to follow. The first FOUR pictures are BEFORE AND DURING. I wanted to remind you what it looked like when we purchased it. Remember we had to gut it because there was a major water leak in the shower and the entire bath floor needed to be replace.















And now for the AFTER pictures.


As you can see, I decided to use simple white drapes on the leaded glass window. I didn't want to loose any of the beauty of the window with blinds. The space on either side of the window was too small to stack shutters.



The matching vanities below have Carrera marble counter tops. I purchased some marble knobs and replaced the standard metal ones the vanities came with. Originally I wanted to place a taller cabinet between the two sinks, but there wasn't enough room. I like the simplicity of this, though and am glad there was not enough room.

The vintage smoking stand next to the tub, I have had for years. It was the inspiration for the dark stained cabinets and marble tops.










We made the stock (from Lowe's) cabinets look more custom, with the marble tops, knobs and by attaching the towel bars to the sides of the vanities instead of the wall.



Some Close Up Shots of the Details






















Edited: Someone asked what the container was in the picture above on the right. It is a toothbrush and tooth paste holder. I love it because it keeps the toothbrushes clean and away from dust and germs that float in the air in the bathroom. Plus it keeps them out of site. Let's face it...used toothbrushes can be pretty ugly :-). I purchased it from Lowe's and it comes in several colors.

Once the vintage chandelier gets hung up, I will post a picture of it. I love the way this bath turned out. Tonight I am going to break in that tub!

16 comments:

Pearl November 1, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

So pretty. I love all the special little touches you put in, like the towel bars on the vanities and the magazine holder in the wall. What a great idea. And that window is beautiful. Makes me want to redo our bathroom which is similar to your before.

Anonymous,  November 1, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

This is a wonderful bathroom. I could sit in that tub and soak carefree for as long as the water stays hot. Gorgeous. Tammy

Anonymous,  November 1, 2010 at 9:06 AM  

I'm so glad you've featured Penny's bathroom!! Her bathroom turned out amazingly beautiful! That stained glass window is gorgeous!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Mac's House November 1, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

The bathroom is gorgeous! I love those tubs, wish I had a bathroom that large. :)

- Sarah :-) November 1, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

Oh my goodness - I LOVE that bathtub... adn the faucet/showerhead is AMAZING!! *sigh. I wish I had room for a tub like that.

And that toothbrush/toothpaste older is SUCH a cool idea - I've never seen that before!

Susan November 1, 2010 at 6:38 PM  

Your bathroom is gorgeous!! I especially love the stained glass and the cherry vanities.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things November 2, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

Thank you for posting my bath makeover! And thank you everyone for saying such nice things about it. It definatly was a labor of love.
Penny
www.thecomfortsofhome.blogspot.com

Vee November 2, 2010 at 10:20 AM  

Everything that Penny remodels is a labor of love. I so enjoyed seeing this one again and appreciating all over again the little details that made a big impact. Wonderful room!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here November 2, 2010 at 12:38 PM  

Penny's bathroom is gorgeous! I love the tub and glass above it is beautiful. What a transformation.
xo, Sherry

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria November 3, 2010 at 8:08 AM  

I just love Penny's bathroom and also her...she's the best with her designs..Thanks...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Jeanne November 4, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

A beautiful makeover that is just right for Penny's decorating style. I have seen it in person. Lucky me. Gorgeous!!!
Jeanne

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP