We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Laundry Room Remodel

08 November 2010

Laundry Room Remodel
contributed by Melissa at Greener Grass




Well, I'm finally getting around to showing some of the "After" pictures of the house. Did you give up on me already? Please don't. I promise to come through. 
Pinkie promise. 

Today, let's take the grand tour of the laundry room/mudroom. This is the first room you walk into through our backdoor. We needed this room to serve several purposes: to be a useful and efficient laundry room, to be a place where we could drop all of our stuff when we walk in the door, and to be cheery and welcoming to visitors. It's turned out to be one of my favorite places in the house.  


Most of the photos are shot with my point and shoot camera because the space is so small and my big camera doesn't go wide enough to get everything in one shot. Just thought I'd let you know. I don't think you care, but I want us to all be as informed as possible. The more you know...

Remember the before shots::



And here's the after::


Daddy built these awesome lockers for me to fit just right around my window. I showed him a picture of these lockers in Pottery Barn and he designed mine from that.

These are better than PB though, because they are bigger and they fit my space exactly! I love them. They hold so much. David and I each have a locker (on the left) for all of our stuff and beneath that is a basket for shoes. All the baskets are from Ikea.

The bench looks like a drawer, but it has a hinged lid like a toy box. I keep my laundry supplies in there. The other locker, on the right, holds dog leashes and toys, athletic equipment, and outdoor supplies like sunscreen and bug spray. Aren't these amazing! I love them SO much!

Thank you, Daddy.


Here you can see our laundry area. This space is actually designed for a stackable washer and dryer to fit  into that small corner on the right side of the wall. Our washer and dryer are not stackable and since they are pretty new, we are not in the market to change them right now. We left the wall, though, because it might be nice to one day have stackables and get to use all the extra space on the other side.

It looks a little funny, but I'm at peace with that.

We're a little funny.


David and I made this bulletin board using a plain office supply store bulletin board, that we got on sale, and finishing it out with moulding and painting it white. Now it's full of happy pictures and notes. I love the string of paper lanterns hanging on top! (Thanks, Carter!)


Here's the storage closet. It's the first thing you see when you open our backdoor. This was a plain hollow core door and I wanted to make it a little more exciting, so I painted a faux "inset" with chalk board paint. Now, it's a great place for a fun message or greeting for guests.

I can give you a little "How-To" later if anyone is interested.


The bench is perfect for putting on and taking off shoes. I sewed these pillows out of some leftover fabric to brighten this area up and make it really comfy. Sometimes I sit here and talk to the dogs through the window. Jack likes to jump up in this window to see what we're doing inside. He's a peeping Jack.

Pretty.


Happy.


Sweet.


Not bad for a place to do the laundry, right? We have more projects to come in this room, but this is where we are right now and I love it.

Thanks for looking around. Thanks for caring. Thanks for all of your kind words about our house.
Mel

7 comments:

Karena November 8, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

This is so wonderful!! It turned out great!!

Come read a great interview, then enter my latest giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Kendra November 8, 2010 at 3:34 PM  

Not bad at all!! I might actually enjoy doing laundry if I could do it there.

It's A Priceless Life November 9, 2010 at 7:31 AM  

I just love what you have done with your laundry room...I wish my laundry room was bigger so that I could have those lockers!! Love that!!
Shantel @
www.itsapricelesslife.blogspot.com

Melissa November 10, 2010 at 12:39 PM  

Thanks for featuring me!! And thanks for the kind words about our laundry room, everyone!

Melissa
www.melissadark.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP