We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Kitchen Before and After; Country Decor with Granite Counter-tops

24 November 2010

Kitchen Before and After; 
Country Decor with Granite Counter-tops

contributed by Shelia @ Note Songs


Hello, Dear Ones! I have more to share with your today about my kitchen. First I want to take you all the way back to 1997 when we bought our 1970s home. The kitchen was painted all a light cream and it was boring...I took a picture of a picture so it's not very clear.

I stenciled a little border up at the top of the room. I used to love to stencil.

If you visit me often you know I posted a few weeks back about painting my little kitchen from red to soft yellow. You can read about it HERE if you'd like or you can look at my sidebar and click on Kitchen.
I've been enjoying the change very much. But there's been some more changes! Woo Hooness! I'm so excited because now I have new countertops, backsplash and under counter lights! :)


Ta dah!! Do you love it? Oh, I love it to pieces! Did I tell you I'm excited? :)
It takes some nasty to make some pretty! Do you see the bottom left hand photo? The cabinets used to be that yucky green color. Now I never got to experience the avocadoness of this color - hallelujah!! :)Newly laid boards for the countertops and purple sheet-rock! The color purple! :)
Yay! I'm loving this so much. Do you like it? Have I asked you before? :) The granite is called Giallo Ornamental and the backsplash is beadboard! Here the beadboard is installed before it was painted. It comes in white and looked pretty good I thought.
Woo Hooness! I've said that too, haven't I? I love this stuff!
I'm going to share one of my dirty little secrets with you because I love and trust you! :) See that big ole hole? Well, in 1997 there was a huge old ugly nonworking Jenne Air grill here. Also had a Jenne Air cooktop with only two burners working. So we did get a new cooktop and had the installers take out the grill leaving me this nice square hole. So I went out and found a big Boos Block cutting board to cover up the hole and it's been there ever since! :)
But now ~ no more hole! I love it! I'll keep my Boos Block for when I want to chop chop chop! :)
Here's a close up of the countertops.
Here's a look at the beadboard all painted out in pretty soft yellow like my walls. Mr. Precious did not want beadboard. He wanted tile like most folks have. I didn't so I begged and pleaded and cried and guess what? I got my way! :) Works every time!! :) I'm so good!
Okay, here's the kitchen window now. Do you love it? I do!!



I got a new Moen faucet with many charms. I'm in love with my new faucet too! Can you love a new faucet with many charms? Well, you bet your tiny dripping hands you can! :) You know I'm a silly! ;)



Isn't my new faucet so very sleek and pretty? I've just been captured by her charms.


Smile honey, here's your closeup!


Her lovely little head pops almost off and her neck stretches out and with the poke of a button you can spray the water or you can just let it flow. Faucet love, yes siree Bob! :)



New window sill all prettied up and level unlike my Formica before!!

Got a new undermount sink and thought I had better keep my little red sink mats to protect it from scratches as long as I could! :) I still love red!


Nice deep corners to play on! :) If you know me, you know I love stuff! Lots of stuff! And I like to poke it around all over the place! :)




I previously shared with you that I painted my little peninsula this soft sweet green. There is really a lot of room under these cabinets so I keep my pots and pans in there.


Mr. Precious came up with the idea of poking the microwave under here and I'm loving it! With the microwave under here I have more room to poke stuff on my countertops! :)
Yes, I know, you're seeing tea towels placed between my frying pans. I do that so they don't get scratched! I'm so creative you know! :)


Thought I would show you that I have these very nice drawers under my cabinets and it's so much easier for me to get to things instead of getting down on my tiny olden knees and searching for things. I'd have a hard time getting up anyway! :)




Decorations! I just love to play! :)


See where the breadbox is? Well, that is where my red box of a microwave was. The breadbox was in the corner and now it's freed up so much more space and I can play in the corners now! :) I'm still loving this stuff!


I hope you've enjoyed seeing a little transformation in my tiny little kitchen! I'm in love with her, are you surprised? I may just bring my pillow down here tonight and climb up (with help, of course) and sleep on my countertops! Nah!

9 comments:

Sheri November 24, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

This looks great! Where did you get that fantastic faucet? I need that :) AND some granite, but that is not in my budget at the moment. Check out my blog http://designingdreams-sheri.blogspot.com Happy Turkey day!

Unknown November 24, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

One word. Beautiful! I am in love with your kitchen with you! I currently have Formica counter tops and hope and wish to have counter tops and a sink like yours! Congrats on your beautiful room.

Anonymous,  November 24, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

Thank you so very much for featuring my kitchen!! I'm so excited!! You've made my day.
You are a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Tricia @ Vintage No. 35 November 24, 2010 at 3:40 PM  

Wow! What a difference! It shows us how new countertops can make such a difference without ripping the whole kitchen apart.

Tonya November 25, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

I LOVE this kitchen! I love chickens (have too many of my own chicken decor!) And I love the colors and the changes you made!! My husband told me I could get new counters and lower cupboards for Christmas this year and I'm sooo excited and trying to get ideas for what I want. LOVED yours! Thanks for sharing!!

banclothing November 25, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

I am in love with the beadboard back splash. I bought white rectangular subway tile to do mine and I am seriously considering changing my mind after looking at this kitchen. There are a few very bold choices that work... the avocado island, red appliances, and yellow paint. I would have never expected these distinctly difference colours to go so well together. It takes a very artistic eye to be able to pull this off and it is seamless.

Handy Man, Crafty Woman November 25, 2010 at 10:59 PM  

WOW, this came out so awesome!! Great job. I am SOOOOOO coveting granite counter tops for my kitchen! ;-)

Jil~Say It With Roses November 27, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

Just beautiful! Doesn't the granite change things? Love your gorgeous new faucet, too. What I like most about your kitchen is that it is small and efficient....I like a kitchen like that!! Happy cooking!
Jil

Jeanne November 27, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

I want granite counter tops too. Maybe one day. The back splash is a great look. A great kitchen makeover. Your newness rocks.
Hugs, jeanne

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP