We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Bathroom Before and After; Making it Shabby Chic

24 November 2010

Bathroom Before and After; Making it Shabby Chic

I purchased a small 1984 home in downtown Orlando Florida.  The house was pretty much in it's original condition including the Blue Bathroom.  I budgeted myself $1200.00 to remodel it.
 
Before and After


Yes folks, we are talking blue, blue fixtures, blue tub, and blue ceramic surrounding the tub, and then we kept the blue theme continuing with a blue towel and TP holder. 


I had to stay on a budget so to save money I did every inch of it myself,  with the exception of paying someone to spray the tub and surround white.  It is a process that involves using some kind of acid to prepare the tile and them spraying it.  It looks wonderful and they were even able to spray the silver handicap bar from the previous owners. 

  

This process was $450.00, but so well worth it and since it is the hall/guest bathroom it should last forever.  The guarantee is 15 yrs. for normal use.  The next thing I did was chipped up all of the old white tile and then wall papered with a Laura Ashley wall paper.  Then on to installing new tile and base boards, yes I am a girl with power tools and I know how to use them!

I installed a shelf I purchased at an antique store

Then added some old drawer handles to hang the towels

I pulled out the standard issue vanity mirror and hung a new one

To match with the vanity

I also picked a smaller toilet to give a little more space in the room

This is a Rachel Ashwell  shower curtain I topped with a RA curtain valance.  Now, I think RA got this wrong because the ruffles were to be at the top, but I decided to reverse it and hang them at the bottom.

And then Hello! I love polka dots, so I attached pink ribbon with polka dots to the curtain between the ruffles.

Now what to do about the medicine cabinet?  I pulled the old cabinet out and then thought, OH HECK who needs a medicine cabinet in a hall bathroom anyway!  I put decorative trim around the opening and then added a shelf to the bottom and put in a cute cat picture.

Look at the fun vintage boxes for my guests reading enjoyment!

"Vigorets for all nervous and broken down men", and a little Salt Petre that was thought to stimulate sexual desire.

I was so lucky to find this vintage green food canister at a thrift store and then wallpapered the outside, the inside was the perfect green color

I found this at an antique store, I am not sure what it is.  I decided it was a TP holder I put on the side of the vanity.

A pretty flower picture from an antique store 

And there you have it my $1200.00 blood, sweat, and tears, bathroom!! And a great deal of satisfaction that I did it myself!
 Happy Creating!

8 comments:

Susan November 24, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

You did a wonderful job on your bathroom!! I love the Rachel Ashewell shower curtain. Your wall paper is to die for!!

autumn November 24, 2010 at 7:47 PM  

wow! blue toilet and sink. how in the world di people think THAT looked good? love the transformation!

SandyQuilts November 24, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

Very nice, great job. Did you install the toilet too? We're thinking about taking on that task but not sure.

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} November 24, 2010 at 8:07 PM  

What a transformation. Love how you changed up the shower curtain and the pill box display is a fab idea :)

t May 10, 2011 at 9:28 AM  

Wow that looks amazing, much better than before. You did a fantastic job. I really like the kitty cat picture, I have that exact print!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP