We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Wood To White Painted Pedestal Kitchen Table

20 October 2010

Wood To White Painted Pedestal Kitchen Table

contributed by Dawn at Hydrangia Home

You know I love these projects! Here is a recent curbside find. Perfect wood table with gorgeous pedestal. Exactly what I was looking for. We're planning a built-in bench seat nook for the kitchen and this is what I needed for the space. The finish however, wasn't right.







Here's what we did. Sanded the surface of the table just enough to knock down the glossy finish. One coat of Kilz primer was applied. The table top was given 2 coats of Linen White and the base was done in Benjamin Moore Big Bend Beige (a grayish beige).





Then I hit the edges with my palm sander. Love this part!!



Finally, I brushed on a mixture of Dark Walnut stain and glaze and wiped it off with my rag.








Gives it that nice antique look and even picks up on the nicks and scratches that were in the table. You really can't mess up a finish like this. It's the perfect finish for kids too. 




Hope I've inspired you to think again when you see a great piece waiting to be picked up. If I can do it - you can do it!  Just make sure you share your finished pieces with me too. I love to see what you've done.

7 comments:

Jami October 20, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

I really love the finished look. Thanks for sharing your steps. That's a big help!

Jennifer October 20, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

Gorgeous! I just bought this exact table with chairs from Craigslist for $200. Except mine has an organgy-oak finish. I'm so happy to see it looks fab after being painted. :)

Restyled Vintage October 20, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

Excellent! I am just working on an exact same table for a client, have just primed it so far, but am going for the look you have created, it looks fab! Client said she wants it white but trusts me to do what I want with the finish, don't you love it when they say that? :)

xx Karen

Dawn-Hydrangea Home October 21, 2010 at 7:05 AM  

Thanks so much for posting my link! I appreciate the feedback and new visitors!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP