We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Red Painted And Glazed Accent Table

05 October 2010

Katie at Impatiently Praying for Patience loves red!  See her new red painted accent table and how great it looks.


I have heard it said that every room could use a little red.

I love red, well I used to LOVE red.

Everything was red.

It was a little overwhelming. I had a red dining room, red and gold bedroom, heck my boys nursery was (is) red, black, and tan. So I still do LOVE red, but I love it better now when it is just a little punch of red.

A punch of red makes it more special.

I found this table and it was in bad shape. It must have been left out in the rain or maybe they had a 4 year old that like to just pour water all over it periodically throughout the day... everyday for a year or so.

In other words, I will have some tables that will be in this condition in a little while.

So here is what she looked like before.



Just a sad simple table. I had already started sanding down the wavy top.

Then I primed and spray painted with some candy apple spray paint.



Holy Cow that is bright!

Next I got some Ralph Lauren glaze that I already had tinted "tea stain" and put some in a cup and then mixed in some graphite paint with it.



Just mixed it together and then brushed it on then wiped it off.

I have to say I REALLY like how it turned out.



See? Just a perfect punch a red to a room.



The red makes the details on the side pop out. I didn't even notice it before.



I got the handles at Hobby Lobby.









I love the punch of color!  This is a nice little accent table and a great piece to look at and show off.

7 comments:

Stacey October 5, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

Oh my goodness! That would look fabulous in my red black and white bedroom. I want! Great job Katie! Thanks for sharing. :)

**Danielle** March 12, 2011 at 4:57 PM  

Did you use tinted primer for the piece or just white?? I'm mid-reviving an old dresser and am following your inspiration :) Thanks for any tips!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP