We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Free Light Fixture Makeovers

12 October 2010

Free Light Fixture Makeovers 

Another beautiful day here in Nebraska! I could stand these temps all year...

My hubby was a sweetie and put up my light fixtures so I can show you my quick makeover!

I love my light fixture in our kitchen. We got it a few years ago to replace the hideous, dirty ceiling fan from the previous owners. This fixture was probably around $50-$60 at Menards. It's simple but makes a big difference in the room.


Since I'm more budget friendly these days of my life...I wanted to add a little extra to a couple BORING areas in my house a little cheaper.

I had these 2 light fixtures I found FREE at EcoStores Nebraska (local salvage center). If you missed my post on these finds, I found some great junk finds during free week at this salvage center. But as you can see, the price tag is very affordable...better than $50+!

Don't let the 80's look scare you. :)



I removed the glass in each fixture which was really easy...just some unscrewing here and there.

Cleaned them up.

Primed them with auto spray primer.

Let dry then sprayed with Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint. Done!

I had them hanging in my tree to dry. :)

Here are the 2 ugly spots that needed attention.

Mudroom/basement area...unfinished recess lighting.


Area at the top of the basement steps.


Here they are today! Much better.

Top of Steps.


With lights off/flash on


Mudroom area

We added a ceiling medallion to cover the big hole. I got it on sale for $4.


Lights off/flash on


Not bad for free and some spray paint!

Paint does miracles. :)

Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Twinkies October 12, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

They look awesome. When I first saw them I'll admit I didn't have much faith but wow was I wrong. Now I'm going to go see what I can find now that you've inspired me.

Kindra-At Home With K October 12, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

Wow! Thanks so much for featuring my light fixtures! This is such a simple makeover anyone can do!

Anonymous,  October 12, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

I love these updates! I saw this post at her site the other day and fell in love. I actually bought a fixture almost like the 2nd one at a thrift store the other day and plan to steal her idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jennifer

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP