We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Bedroom Chair Makeover

29 October 2010

contributed by Anna @ Take The Side Street
After months and months (going on a year, no joke) of sitting in all its old, floral-cushioned glory, I finally decided to do something about that chair I (sort of) risked my life to buy.


I have a reaaally small master bedroom. No room for a cute seating area or even a bench at the foot of the bed. I chose not to have a dresser in the room in order to create a bit more room for cuteness (my husband was not a fan of this decision -- cuteness is not as high a priority for him apparently) so when I saw this chair I knew it would be a perfect fit for the itty bitty space.

I removed the gross floral fabric and the nasty old foam cushion that had hardened and then disintegrated over the years. It took a bit of work to remove all the glue and petrified foam residue, but I really wanted to re-use the original wooden seat since it had specific little nooks and crannies cut out of it to to fit around the arms of the chair. And I? Was not about to get all crazy with a jigsaw to finish this project.


 I used leftover foam and batting from the headboard I made for my guest bed:


I saved some money by finding a little piece of velvety fabric on the remnant table at a fabric store. Then I put the kiddos to bed, turned on a period romance movie, poured myself some red wine and a little snackable-sized bowl of chocolate chips, grabbed a staple gun and had myself a wild time.


Wow. Don't look too close, k? I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to this (or really, most anything). See the little pleats on the rounded corners? Aww. They're so cute.

I also painted the chair with Rustoleum's Heirloom White spray paint. I know, eeeeverybody and their dog (or blog?) loves that color. So here I am jumping on the bandwagon -- it's a good color, people! It's a really nice and creamy white. No pictures of that step though, 'cause I like to keep you guessing.



(Pretend I have baseboard in my bedroom, please. Baby steps to cuteness.)


9 comments:

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes October 29, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

What a beautiful makeover! The chair really pops with the new paint and the fabric is perfect!

Anonymous,  October 29, 2010 at 6:54 PM  

This is certainly a worthy transformation. I love the style of your chair! Hugs. tammy

Knicky Knacks October 29, 2010 at 10:11 PM  

The chair looks wonderful. I just love that headboard too. How clever and very stylish.

Loft32 October 30, 2010 at 11:27 AM  

Very nice! It's so fun to see something old turned into a gorgeous and usable piece! Thanks for sharing your project.
XO,
Candace

BESOS LYNN October 30, 2010 at 2:45 PM  

Looks great, I have limited space too. I know your paon, great idea. a girl always needs a place to sit and put on panty hose! I am looking for those curtains?????

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP