We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Beach House Transformation With White Paint

27 October 2010


Beach House Transformation With White Paint
contributed by Chania @ RAZMATAZ



When we bought the cottage a few years ago, it had just had an addition added onto the original 550 sq ft 1930's cottage.  When they renovated the place they put up new yellowy pine and oak panelling and trim, and made the place look like a lodge.  
This is the view from the front room.  We are right overlooking the harbour on Georgian Bay...
View from the cliffs.  The harbour is to the left.
The bay is blue and turquoise.  The yellow and oak theme had to go.
This is the living room from the real estate lisitng. I had to get rid of that fake pine wall panelling and oak trim.
This is the after...
This is the same view as that awful real estate listing....
I white washed all of the ceiling beams, the walls in the great room, the panelling, ceiling  and baseboards.  I painted everything  in Farrow and Ball Strong White.  Even with the addition, the cottage is less than 950 sq ft, but painting it has made it seem much larger and more open.
I white washed this coffee table that was yellow pine with pink and peach flowers and vies painted all over it....a throwback to my taste in the 80's. 
At least it had a nice shape and could be transformed with paint.
You can see the oak panelling before in the dining room here. Have I told you I hate yellow! The light fixture is from West Elm and in future posts, I will show you what I have done with it since.
Out of that window straight ahead is the harbour with all of the blues and greens and whites of the sailboats.  I painted the dining room panelling Strong White and above Farrow and Ball's Light Blue to bring a bit of that blue inside.  Given that I am a" White Paint" kinda gal, that is a lot of color for me.  For now, it works well with the flooring, which is linoleum, but I am hoping to change that for white cedar planks .
This is my "BlogSpot"...
..........and some of my white washed mirrors....


I added lots of bits in blues and greens to bring those colors from the outdoors in....
I love the way the light shines through the vintage glass...
.....One of my favourite little pieces... a wall cabinet with the original rolled glass mirror and original peeling paint....
I have a collection of Vintage Globes.  I bought the marbles in England years ago while shopping with my Grandad, so they are really special to me.  I love the way they reflect the light...
The Turquoise Glass and Zinc lids on these old jars capture the colors of outside, with the bluey greens and the greys....ready for new collections.....

Last year my friends bought me this painted wooden sign.........
Welcome to the Beach House......

12 comments:

Amanda Lee October 27, 2010 at 5:27 PM  

This is a lovely makeover! I have tried several times to link over to Chania's blog to comment, but keep being redirected to ad pages before the blog loads completely. Not sure why that is happening. I'll keep trying.

Amanda Lee October 27, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

Okay, I was able to stay on the blog long enough to post a comment before being redirected this time. It looks like a beautiful blog with lots of great content, but I've been redirected to ads six times. Is it just me?

Susan October 27, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

Your beach house makeover is awesome!! I love how you decorated it. Your view of the water is breathtaking!!

Arlene October 27, 2010 at 5:40 PM  

I too, am being redirected. I've tried several times, but cannot stay on her blog. :(

Donna October 27, 2010 at 6:57 PM  

What a gorgeous transformation! I think the house is breathing a sigh of relief! I love the white painted furniture, and the neat chippy blue end table. Well done!

Mise October 28, 2010 at 7:06 AM  

Well done, Chania! You've changed it from a bland and ugly look to a fresh and characterful prettiness that brings on thoughts of a delicate cup of tea and a cake.

Low Tide High Style October 28, 2010 at 7:58 AM  

Chania, your cottage is beautiful and I love everything you've done to it! That Bay is absolutely stunning!

Kat :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP