We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maples Frosting & Recipe Link Up Party

19 September 2010




I get a weekly or so email from House Beautiful and I really enjoy it.  Recently they had one of Ina Garten's recipes for Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting, and can I just tell you that as fall is "supposedly" (it is still in the 90's here in Texas) coming all I can think about is baked pumpkin desserts.   So I had to make these.  Besides of all foods that I can keep down at the moment, dessert is usually the one- I know stellar nutrition for pregnancy.  So I decided to try and help the nutrition a bit- still a dessert, just maybe not quite as bad.  At least I felt better about it.  (go to the link for the original recipe- but I promise, I couldn't tell that they were healthier...)


They turned out beautifully, and were sweet and moist... perfect!

( I doubled her recipe, the original made only 10.  Let's speak honestly though, how long do ten cupcakes last at your house?  I don't plan on making and another dessert for a few days, so this needs to last me a bit...)  
(image from House Beautiful)


Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting
makes 24 cupcakes

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon gound nutmeg
4 extra large eggs, at room temperature)
2 cups canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1/2 cup light agave nectar
1 cup brown sugar, not packed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup natural applesauce
Optional chopped Heath bars to top frosting 2 1.4 ounce bars
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Into a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. In a larger bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin purée, agave nectar, brown sugar, applesauce and vegetable oil. Add the flour mixture and stir until combined.
3. Divide the batter among the prepared tins ( I use the large pampered chef cookie scoop) and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
4. Spread the cupcakes with the Maple Frosting and sprinkle with the chopped toffee bits (Or wouldn't toasted pecans be good- didn't do either...)



Maple Frosting
6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon Boyajian Natural Maple Flavor
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese and butter on low speed until smooth. Stir in the maple flavoring and vanilla extract. With the mixer still on low, slowly add the confectioners' sugar and mix until smooth.


What have you all been cooking?






9 comments:

Anonymous September 19, 2010 at 7:22 AM  

What a great fall recipe (even if it is in the 90's there, lol). Pumpkin and maple - it doesn't get much better than that. They look absolutely scrumptious. Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful day!

Ginger Jones September 19, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

Fall is just around the corner.... and these are gonna be a great way to start it off. Thanks for hostin' and postin' :)

Christina September 19, 2010 at 8:25 AM  

Your recipes constantly make me drool on my keyboard! I called my husband over to look at this, and he agreed that we NEED to make it :)

threesidesofcrazy September 19, 2010 at 2:46 PM  

These are perfect for fall! I love pumpkin anything at this time of year, but couple it with maple and I'm a fan!

Unknown September 19, 2010 at 6:59 PM  

READING the title of the recipe made my mouth water!! Can't wait to try this one out! =)

sarah jerger September 20, 2010 at 7:23 AM  

WOW! These look divine. **running off to the grocery store** (I literally SHOULD run if these cupcakes are going to be in the house!) :-) Thanks for sharing!

sarah jerger September 20, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

I went and made these yummy cupcakes and blogged about them here (giving you credit and links, of course): http://paperandstitch.blogspot.com/2010/09/make-this-monday-pumpkin-cupcakes-with.html Thanks again for sharing!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP