We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

From Old to Completely New; Modern Living Room and Kitchen Remodel

19 September 2010

Okay, can I just say that when I saw this before and after I didn't even see how they were the same rooms... You will be shocked, technically we need some more pictures just so we can drool over them but you will have to be satisfied with these (or you will have to hop over to Candace's blog and beg for more pics!)  This is from Candace of Loft 32, and it is so impressive!:


Rewind....back in 1962 this was a stylish family room/kitchen.....in 2010, not so much. After a couple of years, blood, sweat and tears, removing walls, etc. we have almost finished this part of the house. We still need to paint some trim, add some art work, etc. But the big projects are done! 

By the way, not sure if any of you have installed wood flooring before, but you have to put down a moisture barrier before the wood planks....and I thought...hmmmm...that's a project that I can do (since my husband does most of the work)....so, I lugged out the 50lb Talk about sticky! Mission accomplished! 
But...this stuff doesn't come off of your skin! To get it off you have to just roll it around until it reaches the end of a body part! I wore jeans, but somehow managed to get some on my hip. By the end of the week, it was on my knee. So, I recommend overalls if you attempt your own moisture barrier application!

Before:





Now:


Um, yeah, you need to go back and look again!
Yeah, it is pretty much awesome!
Great Job!

11 comments:

cheeky rose September 19, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

WOW! that is certainly something, I had to go back even without your prompting, twice. I want to redecorate, I wonder if I can acheive the same impact. Lovely, just lovley

Loft32 September 19, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

Thanks for posting our remodel! I'll post some additional pics on my blog. Basically, we removed the wall between the kitchen and the living area to open it all up. Then we completely gutted both rooms and started from scratch. It's all still a work in progress, but we are getting there!
XO,
Candace♥

The mad woman behind the blog September 19, 2010 at 2:45 PM  

While I sort of like the old paneling (hey, it can work in the right space, you know, like a 20th century castle!) I can't help saying holy hell ya thats sexy hot sweet!
LOVE IT.

Anonymous,  September 19, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

I like the old paneling,too. I can understand, though, that that wall just had to go to open up the kitchen. It look incredible!

Lynn September 19, 2010 at 4:12 PM  

WOW!!! Such a beautiful transformation!! Both rooms are Absolutely gorgeous!!

Blessings,
~Lynn

Panamamama September 19, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

Wow! I went back too before you asked! Wish there were even more pics, like to see how they did that.

Loft32 September 19, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

Candace here! Per your request, I posted more pics and some additional info of our remodel on my blog: http://loft32.blogspot.com/2010/06/show-and-tell-take-two.html

Thanks for all the kind words!

XO,
Candace
Loft32♥

Mary @ RoomPolish September 19, 2010 at 8:13 PM  

this is amazing! You're so right--- I can't even tell it's the same HOUSE. Sign of an awesome makeover. Also excited to find an awesome new blog! (Yours AND Loft 32.) Thank you!

Unknown September 19, 2010 at 10:25 PM  

Oh my!! Have you shore its the same house?!?
It seems impossivel, so modern, so lovelly.

Unknown September 20, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

WOW. Amazing. I did have to look at the before/after several times to appreciate all of the changes. My basement needs the same kind of love!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP