We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Inspired Before and Afters! Furniture Redos you must see!

30 September 2010

I am so in awe of Jill from Live.Like You. Look how she has transformed some of these pieces of furniture from dated to dazzling! And she is thinking of one more transformation at the bottom... I say she goes for it!!


As you go through life, your style and taste is always morphing, at least for me.   What was “YOU” a few years back might not be “YOU” today.   Rather than getting rid of furniture, I like to reinvent them.  As I’ve gone from a more French inspired old fashioned look to a more modern, it’s interesting to see how some pieces have “morphed” with me.


The chair that looks like this today in it’s fairly recent makeover with Kelly Wearstler’s Emereld Cutfabric  ( I used it inside out) now feels more like “me” than before. It looked like….


..this when I found it.  It was done in muted green olive before it’s recent makeover.


This French chair lived like this for a long time, until it needed an update, and it now looks like this….


…in purple velvet.  I use it in a lot of places at home…

This flea market chair(I have two) I had upholstered in this sweet floral fabric a few years ago.  Instead of selling or donating the chairs since I liked the shape…

…I gave the chairs a revival in Kelly Wearstler’s Emerald Cut fabric and painted the legs white.

I’ve paired it with a desk that used to look like this. I loved it’s  vintage feel for a long time like this but decided to instead of buying a  new desk to reinvent what I already had.  I thought about it for a long time, because I don’t like ruining pretty paintwork.  But it was worn, and I would not make any money selling it so….
…I gave it a bright orange color with silver details.   Photograph by Geoffrey Hodgdon.

Here is a slightly messy snapshot of it, where you can see the next thing to get a modern makeover…the curtains!!
BUT AT WHAT POINT DO YOU NOT REINVENT FURNITURE PIECES?

This BEAUTIFUL chandelier is in my basement. I probably way overpaid for it at ABC Antiques in New York.  I could sell it, but for a small fraction of the purchase price.   It doesn’t work in any of the rooms in my house.  It has a gorgeous paint job, but I have to be honest I’m….
Krylon-Spray-Paints-52101-Krylon-Cherry-Red-Spray-Paint-KRYLON-AEROSO-B0038D5BSM-L
…REALLY ITCHING TO DO THIS!!!!!
gasl_hanging_lamps_unexpected_07
To try to make it look a little bit like my dream chandelier, that’s very pricey and out of the question to buy.   Because a great red chandelier would look so fun…


….in my dining room!   Have been wanting to do it for a long time, but have been fretting over it.  But when I saw this room…

… in New York SPACES magazine last month I was inspired to do it again!!  But I feel kind of guilty spraying over pretty paint work and it will devalue the chandelier.  At the same time…why buy a new one and not use this one?  So the burning question is…
…SHOULD I DO IT??
What do you think, should she paint it? ...uh YES!

Also don't you LOVE that orange desk! I LUFF it very much!

9 comments:

alissa {33shadesofgreen} September 30, 2010 at 7:21 AM  

Yes - paint it!
This was a great post - definitely inspiring. if I wasn't at work right now I'd definitely feel the need to recover something with fabric or get out the spray paint!

Kendra September 30, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

Do it!! I love how older pieces can me modernized and have a much warmer feel than all new pieces in a room.

felicitouschick September 30, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

Any idea what color and brand orange that desk is? It's got my wheels turning for a dresser I have! So gorgeous! <3

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP