We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Guest Bathroom Makeover With Painted Striped Walls

25 September 2010

This feature is from Cassie at Hi Sugarplum!  She is featuring her guest bathroom makeover with stripes.


Unlike my son's room makeover, I did not complete the 'sprucing up' of this Guest Bathroom in two weeks,  nor was it my only focus. I also didn't have a vision for it when I started....I had a wild hair to paint stripes, so I did. I thought the cabinets would look better dark, so I painted those. One thing led to another, and several months later I have a completely 'new' bathroom. 

And did I mention there wasn't really a budget either, since I wasn't technically 'making it over?' Yay for paint and bargain accessories! 

No 'Before & After' is complete without the 'Before'...so let's get started:

guest bath before

Nothing wrong with it, per se. But there was definitely no personality. 
And AFTER!!!

after 2

The first step was adding darker stripes to warm things up and add the much needed energy.

after 1

Framing the mirror gave it a more refined and polished look. The light fixture, paper holder and potty handle got a coat of brushed nickel spray paint.

after 7

More depth and richness by painting the cabinets a dark espresso....now the cute Anthropologie knobs actually show!

after 5

Some inexpensive 'art' thanks to favorite beach silhouette photos and Ikea frames. The capiz tray was a $5 steal from Home Goods, and keeps with the beachy theme of the room. The shell, candle and plant I already owned.

100_0430

The one true expense in the room was the faucet. I gave my son free reign ... and I think he did pretty good choosing the waterfall style! Handwashing and teethbrushing are a little bit more fun now.

faucet

I still liked my World Market palm tree shower curtain, but I didn't like how all the bath toys became visible as soon as the sun appeared in that window! I lucked out with the Greek Key curtain for $12 from Marshalls, and I like the modern edge it lends.

new shower curtain

We have three bathrooms in the house, but this one is closest to the front door, so it serves as the Powder Room. It also happens to be the kid's bath (when they aren't invading ours!)

after 6

I'll eventually paint the ceiling, but for now it's 'complete,' and I'm really happy.

bath before/after


Nice job with the guest bathroom makeover!  I like the stripes and dark cabinet.  What do you think?

6 comments:

Marla September 26, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

I love it, all of it! Great job! I might steal a couple of your ideas, I really like the stripes!!

LiveLikeYou September 26, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

Great makeover!! Love the horizontal stripes and World Market shower curtain.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP