We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

DIY Personal Button Monogram Pillow

01 September 2010

Kari at Adventures of One Crazy Lady shows us how to make our very own personal button monogram pillow.


If you remember from a couple of weeks ago, I shared with you here many different crafts I was hoping to dip my feet into this summer.  One of them (the most time consuming project) was one that I finally tackled this past weekend.


Introducing the monogrammed button pillow!

It was easy to make, just very time consuming...
Here's what you need to make your own:

1. A pillow form (I went with the 12x16 form)
2. Fabric (for my size pillow I went 3/4 a yard)
3. Buttons (I got mine off etsy)
4. A print out of the letter you're going to be monograming 
5. A washable fabric marker
6. Thread and a needle (I used an embroidery needle)

Now the how to...

1. After cutting your fabric (I do the envelop pillow sham so I cut 3 pieces of fabric), take the front piece of fabric and using your print out and your marker, trace your letter onto the fabric.  It should look like this when you're done:

2. After you've traced your letter, take your threaded needle and begin arranging and sewing your buttons onto your fabric:



3. After you finished sewing on all your buttons, take a q-tip and some water and rub it onto the fabric to wash off the marker you used to form your letter.  It should easily come off with a little scrubbing.


4. If you're making an envelope pillow sham cover like I did, you should have cut your fabric into 3 pieces.  I cut mine into the following sizes: 13x17 <--front, 13x13 and 13x9 <--- the 2 back pieces that make the envelope sham.  I then hemmed the 13" sides of the 2 back pieces to finish them off.  


5. I took all of my 3 pieces and pinned them together right sides facing each other:


6. After pinning them together I sewed a 1/2 inch seam attaching all three pieces together:


7. After you've finished sewing the pieces together, turn it right-side out and admire your work:




Can you do this?  YES!  This was NOT hard and I have complete confidence in you! :) If you have any questions, please feel free to email me!  I can't wait to see your very own monogrammed pillow!

I love monograms and the texture of the buttons is really cool.  What do you think?


7 comments:

Unknown September 1, 2010 at 1:37 PM  

Oh my goodness, I absolutely adore that pillow! The buttons are so cute!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and saying hi. I appreciate every single loving comment left there for me, I really do : ). I would be honored if you featured my curtains, too!! Thank you!

Hope you're having a blessed week so far. Nice "meeting" you!

Love, Laura

Anonymous,  September 1, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

I am a button fan as well. Being lazy, I will definitely be trying out that button-sewing feature on the machine when I get to trying this out!

Kari September 1, 2010 at 2:51 PM  

Thanks so much for the feature, Cassity! I love your blog and I'm SO honored that I've had a project featured on here! Woo-hoo! :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP