We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Wooden Spice Rack Transformation

15 August 2010

Do you remember this bead project of ours we did a while back?  
Here are a few pictures to refresh your memory.









Well we found another like minded blogger Frugal with a Flourish.
See what she did with her wooden spice rack. 






Forever ago, ok - only in May - but it feels like forever, I got this really cute spice rack for $3.  18 jars and 18 alternate brown caps (in the sleeve on top). 






And in that sleeve was a little message that said ....






Change something to match my decor?  Well thank you little slip o paper!  Don't mind if I do!  I wanted to turn it into a different type of storage.  So of course, I grabbed my two favorite friends to help with the transformation.  A can of Heirloom White and a can of Black Satin spray paint!  I gave the cabinet base and door a couple coats of of Heirloom White.  Better already. 






I then gave the caps a spray of satin black.  






Ok - want to see the final product???  Check out my new bead storage box!






Ta-da!  Isn't it adorable in my little "craft center" with my sewing desk, custom cork board and my lovely shelf!  (Pay no attention to the canvas with the flower - that is going away shortly to be replaced by a new piece!)






I just love it!  And the little jar tops came out so cute!!  Aren't they adorable - I just want to get in and make some jewelry.





I am very pleased with this transformation - even made the little knob on the door black too!  






So tell me - have you ever run across one of these old spice sets?  If so what would you make it into?  






Well isn't that just a cute display using an old wooded spice rack?

15 comments:

Leo August 15, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

This came out really nice. I have not seen a set like this before.... but it's just that I may not have noticed it...so now I will be on the look out.

Unknown August 15, 2010 at 5:27 PM  

I'm dying to find a spice rack like this now. I've gotta find one! Love it!

Annie Louise August 15, 2010 at 5:37 PM  

Great transformation! Love how it turned out--thanks for sharing.
Jeanette

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish August 15, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

Hooray! Thanks for featuring my little project! :) Would you believe there were two of these at the yard sale I found it at? I should have bought the other one too! :)

judi August 15, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

i actually have a spice rack like this that was removed from our old kitchen that i couldn't bear to toss. it's awaiting a transformation and you've inspired one...thanks for the help!

judi ;)

Donna August 15, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

I did the same thing with an old spice rack of my moms! She was going to take it to the Good Will, and I got the idea to use it for some much needed bead storage :)

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. August 15, 2010 at 8:51 PM  

Ooooh, I wish I had something like this for my buttons.

Such a sweet way to display your beads.

:)

Nancy August 15, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

What a truly artistic idea! I look at a spice rack and I see a spice rack. You looked at a spice rack and did this! Not only is it functional, it's fun! I love it!!!
funwithnancy.blogspot.com

Unknown August 15, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

Oooooo!! I want one too! What a great idea, seems like I see these at yard sales often, but never know what to do with them, now I do! Hope I can find one, this is truly a great idea!

alison August 15, 2010 at 11:14 PM  

LOVE what you did with that! It could work nicely for buttons too--or bath beads--ooh, i might have just figured out what to do with a small spice shelf i have.

Sônia Pb August 17, 2010 at 6:55 AM  

It is absolutely wonderful now......what a great idea... and great result.....
Sonia

Jessie Weaver November 18, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

I would LOVE to find an old spice rack. To hang. And use as a spice rack! So that I could have another drawer empty to use. :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP