We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Wall Clock Face Knockoff: Guest Remodel

02 August 2010

Angela @ Unexpected Elegance replicated a Pottery Barn wall clock face.

Alright, I'll admit it...I'm a little bit of a NERD! In my spare time, meaning minutes at a time, I look back over catalogs. So, yesterday, while the girls were taking their nap, I revisited my Pottery Barn mag. Here's something that caught my eye. (It's different every time!)




Pottery Barn
I loved the clock face on the wall!

My husband is normally really great about letting me run with my ideas. So after we put the girls to bed last night I "ran" to Joann. I bought two hoops and some wooden sticks.


I removed the outer hoop and started working around the, soon to be, clock face. I used Gorilla Glue, but I'm sure wood glue would work too. I did not cut any of the sticks before I put them on, I just tried to line up the inside and leave the overhang on the outer edge.


The "X" was the trickiest and I just used whatever I could find to hold them down. I let it dry overnight.

This morning I took a razor and scored the sticks where I needed to remove them.


Then I used a pair of pliers to break them off. Try not to pull on the wood, it will splinter. Just hold the stick, so it doesn't detach and work the pliers up and down. It will remove the wood clean.

Here's the "cleaned up" version.

Then I used some leftover spray paint. (My husband jokes that I am loosing "LOTS" of brain cells with all the spray painting I do...but it truly will transform just about anything!)



And here's the finished project. I am not sure where it will go permanently, but I was so excited, I wanted to share it!



The wall clock face turned out great!
 I love how it looks!  
What do you think?

15 comments:

MomofAJ August 2, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

Great project, brillant using the wood hoops. I will have to try this.

Marty August 2, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

OMGosh I totally love this!!! Did you come up with the idea to use the wooden craft rings on your own? How crafty!! I love, love it!! Been following you for a while now, gonna place your sweet little button my my blog=))

Annie Louise August 2, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

Oh my goodness, that is wonderful, very creative! Good job and thanks for sharing it with us.
Jeanette

Marty August 2, 2010 at 9:00 PM  

I got your button and plan to make one of these myself. If and when I do, I'll be sure to link back to you=)

I looked at the craft store tonight and didn't find the sticks...where in the store did you find yours? And how many inches are in between the outer hoop and the inner hoop? It looks like you went two sizes down from the larger hoop.

THanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you soon=)

Stacey August 3, 2010 at 12:46 AM  

That turned out great! I actually own that clock that's in the catalog. I saw it in there just yesterday and thought "hey that's my clock!" I bought it at a home decor store five years ago. I love it and have gotten a lot of compliments. I LOVE your solutions and creativeness to make one yourself!

Becky Holmes August 3, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

This turned out amazing! I do the same thing with my magazines..so no judge here! ;) If you study them long enough, that's when the ideas finally come to you...when your not willing to break down and just go buy it.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP