We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Guest Bedroom Interior Design Idea

24 August 2010


This beautiful guest room HAD to be shown off.  It is just too lovely  for words!  Seriously, it is so wonderful, I would love to have a guest room like this, and I think I would just hang out in there to read and admire the beauty of it.... Anywho, this lovely project is from Lindy @ Cottage Hill, and you need to read how she made the tie backs for the drapes, pure genius!  This is her post:

I love a pretty little guest room.  
I decorated this one with a couple of my favorite 
little guests in mind...
Grandtwins Aubrey & Chloe
The furniture was a hideous shade of mustard gold.  
That would explain why I paid only $250 for all 4 pieces!
 I made the tie backs out of flattened coke cans --  promise!
Just cut the shapes out, scored the details, spray painted red, gold leafed and antiqued.  
Sounds like a future tutorial ...








I found this pair of oil paintings for $50.  
They're old (the patina's real) and in less than perfect 
condition but I love them any ol' way.









Ask these two to do something they really don't want to do?
Chloe immediately holds up her finger to show you 
she can't (she has a hang nail) and 
Aubrey states flatly, "I can't want to, honey"!  Silly girls...

Isn't that the most beautiful room you have seen in a while?!  
I am totally in awe, what is your favorite part?

11 comments:

Sônia Pb August 24, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

Those girls look like angels..... and the room is awsome..... amazingly beautiful..... every detail is wonderful....... i wish i could have a room like that here in my house.
Sonia

Life in Rehab August 24, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

I just found Lindy's blog yesterday through a link party, and yes, she's VERY creative!

Lindy August 24, 2010 at 4:12 PM  

Thank you, Cassity, for "putting me on"! I'll have to tell the girls that, as of today, they are hot celebs! Now they will never clean their room...
L.

Nancy August 24, 2010 at 8:27 PM  

How could you only pick one favortie part? Just so adorable! I would love to see a tutorial on the tie backs. Thanks for the great blog!
funwithnancy.blogspot.com

Unknown August 24, 2010 at 9:07 PM  

I don't know what's more precious, the room or the little girls. Love it!

* Nancy * August 24, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

I have to agree with all of the comments above! Please share a tutorial on the tiebacks!! :)

Charity August 25, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

That is a gorgeous room! Any guest would love staying there. And seriously, those coke can tie-backs...how talented are you!!!!

Sandi August 25, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

Oh My Gosh!! Love the room. The colors are awesome. I can not believe you made the tie backs with soda cans. Too Much. Love, love, love it all.

Sandi

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP