We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Beautiful Custom Built-in Home Office

24 August 2010


Hi, it's Sandra from Sawdust and Paper Scraps again.  Here is another room that is "mostly" finished.  It still needs a few touch ups but it's functional so I've moved on for now.  I don't have any pictures of my progress.  I'm amazed at how much I didn't take pictures before blogging.

It's impossible to get a picture of the whole room but here is my very 
best attempt at photoshopping all the parts into 
one photo of the whole unit. 
 I know, it's a total hack job but like I said, It's my best attempt!

 This house was all shades of ugly when I moved in.  You'll just have to use your imagination...it's an empty room with orangy-brown window, base and door moulding.



I hate wasted space and always try to get the most storage out of every space I design.  I built cabinets across the entire back wall,  creating 2 computer stations and a T shaped countertop that could be used from either side for crafts or work.

I built one cabinet with 2 drawers in which the bottom drawer is a file cabinet.
The other side has shelves and doors.
 
At the end of the T is an open shelf cabinet.  The countertop is made out of oak flooring that I installed over a plywood base.  I finished it with Tung oil.

The uppers are staggered.  It makes for trickier crown moulding installation but it's visually interesting.

I'm so excited about my new found photo-shopping 
skill that I'm going to show you again!
Yeah, I'll keep working on that one!

8 comments:

Kristi August 24, 2010 at 7:50 AM  

It looks great! (The building part...the photoshopping is about as good as I can do too lol)
-Kristi
@ Creative Kristi

Unknown August 24, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

I am so totally amazed at that room. And, so totally jealous too.
I would love that room. My family probably would have a hard time getting me out of there.
Great job.
Brooke

Chantelle - ThousandSquareFeet August 24, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

Sandra, seriously, is there anything you cannot build??!! It looks stunning. The most awesome part about the whole thing is that my hubs and I have been discussing how our new home office will be laid out and THIS IS WHAT WE HAD IN MIND!! If I lived anywhere close to you, I think I would be at your house a lot! I really love how you staggered the top cabinets - adds lots of visual interest. One question - what is the shiny material at the back of the upper cabinet on the right side of the picture? Beautiful! Beautiful!!

Sawdust Girl August 24, 2010 at 9:05 AM  

Thanks Ladies.

Kristi, Thanks for joining me in the "bad PS skills" team. It makes me feel better to know I'm not alone!

Chantelle, The backs of all the uppers are beadboard painted white, satin (same as the cabinets). I don't see anything shiny. It's probably just the flash. I didn't do anything different with these cabinets than I already shared in my tutes. I promise, I'm not holding out on you! :-)

Diapers and Divas August 24, 2010 at 9:53 AM  

Love this space! Someday I will have reclaimed my office space from my kids and do something like this!

Sharlee August 24, 2010 at 11:17 PM  

Sandra, it is amazing! It looks like the perfectly organized and functional office space. I loooove the counter tops. You're so creative.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP