We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Existing Fireplace Remodel: Guest Remodel

10 August 2010

The Foss family at Little Bits of Bliss has been hard at work redesigning for there new look of their existing fireplace remodel.  It's smok'n hot!




So when we moved into the house one of the major things that was frustrating and really a bugger was the fireplace--- I mean a Sheetrock mantle?? really? Who ever thought those looked good? and the hole for the T.V. didn't fit Dave's "man" T.V. :) So I knew I wanted to change it- but I didn't know what into? I didn't want to spend to much money either or do any major floor plan changes-- So needless to say it sat there forever - I couldn't figure out a way to make it look better-- well a way that both me and Dave could agree on too :)

Here's the Before:



I did immediately paint the walls and trim when we moved in so it looked a little better :)  but I don't have any pictures of that- or how horrible it looked when we had our tv just sitting on the ledge-- with the wires hanging everywhere-- It was great- let me tell ya. :)

Here it is Now:



This was the first project that I didn't really have at least a vague plan for-- We really just flew by the seat of our pants on this one--- One day still looking at the eyesore the next demoing it cuz' I couldn't stand it anymore :)

gotta love a sexy man with a saws-all :)


When we finally figured out kinda what we were gonna do there was some major angle math figuring involved-- all I can say is that I am glad Dave is so smart cuz' I would have never been able to figure it out


We did live with it like this for awhile-- while we tried to figure out how we were gonna finish it :) Fun times- fun times.






But hallelujah-- It's done-- I like it- Our T.V. fits-- and really we spent only about $100 to do it--What do you think yay or Nay on the redesign? :)

I say yay!  I looks great the new fireplace remodel ties in nicely with the dinning and kitchen?  Any other thoughts?

10 comments:

Jennifer August 10, 2010 at 12:20 PM  

Looks great! I'd love to know how they built the mantle shelf. Our fireplace just has a little brick overhang, and I really need a frugal DIY shelf.

Anonymous,  August 10, 2010 at 12:47 PM  

This looks great! Gives me hope that we might be able to do something similar to our TV-Mantle. Great job on this one!

Jocelyn August 10, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

Isn't it amazing what a mantle will do for a fireplace. We redid ours too, and I love it!

Candy August 10, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

an absolute YAY on the redesign!! my favorite part is the square paneling look on top of the tv. ur eyes are immeditaely drawn there and it is such a classic touch. i also love the tile around the fireplace. amazing job.

So Sunny Day August 10, 2010 at 4:18 PM  

Just fantastic! I love how DIY projects have such an impact on a previous borring space :)

~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Miranda @ Pressing On August 10, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

I love it! I have a corner fireplace I have to put in and I've saved the pics for my project. They did a great job.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP