We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

White Kitchen Tour: Guest

08 July 2010

Andrea at Willow Wisp Cottage is giving a tour if her beautiful white kitchen.


Slowly I will be taking you on a tour of my entire home. Some rooms are 'done' (they never are truly done, are they?) while others haven't been touched since we moved here 4 years ago. We have slowly been transforming our house into the home of our dreams. When we first saw our house, we fell in love right away. It wasn't perfect, and it needed renovation. The previous owners maintained it beautifully, however, it still needed some updating. We also wanted to make it our home to fit our tastes and lifestyle.

The previous kitchen wasn't terrible. It just wasn't my dream kitchen. In part two of this post, I'll share before pics as well as reno pics and hints. For now, I present to you, our kitchen:

I had always wanted a classic white kitchen. I love it!




As you'll see in part 2, we changed our lighting, flooring, cabinets (not just the doors), layout, countertops and appliances. It was pretty much an overhaul!






I really hoped for stainless steel appliances, but alas, hubby wanted black and I had to compromise somewhere as almost the entire rest of the reno was to my taste (he, as most men, would have preferred natural stained wood cabinets).




The countertops are granite and backsplash is slate. I did give hubby some wood cabinetry. I like the contrast between the white (actually cream) cabinets and dark island.





I love the Tiffany-style pendant lamps. Soooo much better than the previous 80's era sunshine ceiling.


This is a peek at the corner cabinet. I am still working on making the interior display fabulous! Stay tuned for my progress!






Grandma's old bean pot for my utensils....love!! We had many yummy baked bean suppers out of this pot.





A peek into our dining room built in. I designed it to match the style of the kitchen cabinets. The window above is at an awkward height, but it is a dark room, so I didn't want to close it in. I love how this turned out. It displays my inherited china and glassware so beautifully. It has a lot of needed storage too.




There you have it. Tune in for part two, where I show you the good, the bad, and the ugly of my kitchen renovation!




Cheers!


Andrea

What a nice tour.  I just can't get enough of 


white.  It makes it so bright and inviting, 


don't you think?

5 comments:

Andrea July 9, 2010 at 12:09 AM  

Thank you so much for featuring my kitchen. It was such a nice surprise! I visit your blog daily, so it is an honor to be featured =)

Unknown July 9, 2010 at 12:33 AM  

What a beautiful kitchen. The first things that grabbed me - love the dark wood of the island against the white cabinets. Love love love the slate back splash.

It's a gorgeous update!

:) Laura

lisaroy July 9, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

Beautiful kitchen! Love the combo of white cabinets with the dark wood island : )

Unknown July 9, 2010 at 9:00 AM  

Beautiful kitchen! Love that you used your Gran's bean pot too! Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP