We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

New Closet Drawers: Guest

08 July 2010

Ronda @ The Bachelor Way made new closet drawer,s that look fantastic.

I know I said I wanted my master bathroom back, but funny thing we are redoing our master closet.  Why you ask? Well, you have to walk through the bathroom to get to our closet.  So we didn't want to drag construction stuff through the newly finished bathroom and we might never get back to redo the closet if we didn't do it now.  So first we are redoing our closet.  It was just a normal builder closet, but not being used to it's fullest.  So this is the first project of the closet.


So this is the before. There were four big shelves down the middle.  I had put a store bought shoe rack (that I got at DI) in the middle cubby trying to add storage.  We started by ripping out the bottom shelf and the middle shelf.  The bottom can now house our dirty clothes basket.  The middle section we built drawers for.  (This was the hubby and  mine first attempt at drawers.  I think we did pretty good.  Not as hard as I thought.)  We made the box out of thin press wood, and the front out of finished grade plywood.  We found a small piece of the plywood with some holes drilled in it, laying around Home Depot.  I ask how much we could get it for and the guy said we could have that one for free!!!  That's one of my favorite words.  We actually got two or three drawer fronts out of that piece.


I saved again when my sister was throwing out a bunk bed/desk/dresser thing. 
All the drawer hardware was the same as the ones we had just purchased from Home Depot.  We saved around $30 by taking back the hardware and using the free hardware.
  


We test fit each drawer as we made them.  (Word of caution leave more space than you think between drawer fronts.  Once we add the trim and paint they rubbed and I had to do a lot of extra sanding and scraping.)


Aren't they beautiful?  Wait they get better.


Next I and I mean "I".  (I proudly finished all the rest of the drawers including the drawer dividers my self)  Any who, I next added door stop trim to each drawer with glue.  Primed, painted.  Then I add my handles.  (Of coarse I found the handles at Salvation Army.  $7 for 5 good handles.  That's $1.40 per handle. )


Ta da!!!! 


And check out all the custom drawer dividers.  The hardest was the sock drawer, which is why that's the one I'm the most proud of!


My top drawer was for my hosiery.  It was snagging on the rough wood.  So I used some more of my 25 cent wrapping paper that I also used on my craft desk. I used spray glue and covered the inside of the drawer.


So pretty and functional. (I just love it when form and function meet.  O.K. so I'm weird.)


Beauty comes in so many forms.  I love this form. 


What do you think?  Love it or not? We saved about $45-$50 with free and discounted supplies.  We are almost done with the whole closet.  I will show you the rest soon. 


That looks so great.  Nice and tidy!  I can't wait to

 get in to my closet and 

get it to the next level of organized.

What do you think of those drawers?

7 comments:

Kate @ The Gaines Gang July 8, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

Gee... Do you make house calls?

This looks great and I so need some help in our master closet.

Thanks for sharing!

Ronda Batchelor July 8, 2010 at 3:07 PM  

Cassity, Thanks for featuring me. Soon I will have a post on the finished closet, come see my stenciled wall. I just have to paint a couple of boxes and hang some hooks.
Ronda

Kate July 8, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

Wow! That closet looks like a professional made it... nice job! :)

Carrie July 8, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

Looks so amazing! Wow! You (and I do mean YOU) did an awesome job. I do have a question about the door stop trim. After you glued it, was there a seam all the way around the drawer where the trim met the drawer? Did you fill that it, sand it, anything? In the pic it looks as smooth as butter... wow! I wonder if I could add this stuff to laminate cabinets?

Moore Minutes July 8, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

Wow! that is amazing organization and pretty too! What an excellent idea! :)

The Polka Dot Closet July 8, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

Wow what an ambitious make over, It is wonderful, you are going to love it!!

Carol

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP