We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

TV Room Design Makeover!

20 July 2010

I got an email from Jill at Live.Like.You and I had to share what a WONDERFUL transformation she accomplished on her TV room design.  Check it out.


When I moved in to my house I painted most rooms, but never our TV room. It’s was beige and kind of dirty all over.  The room has been bothering me forever, and I’ve thrown in all kinds of leftover furniture trying to salvage it.  But this winter I had enough.  Spring is coming – no more dreary rooms.  Time for a makeover!  This room will eventually be my home office, and I want an energetic, modern look.  For now the furniture will have to stay – it’s just  too expensive to get new pieces. So I had to figure out a way to create that without spending a fortune.
420717671c
First I will FINALLY paint the walls.  I want it to be brightened up so I need a great wall color.  Pink or orange?  I decided on orange.
L1050088
I decided to use what I call “the best orange color in the world” that I used at a client’s house a few months ago.  I’ve never had so many people comment so effusively on a paint color.  It’s a mix, because I couldn’t find the right tone of orange.  I wish Benjamin Moore would read this so they will create it!  Would save me time, and make them money, because the result is beautiful!   First ONE  coat of this:
MPC0005547-2Grand canyon 118
Grand canyon – 118 by Benjamin Moore
L1050091
Jose came over to paint.  We forgot how we mixed it at the previous job, so here we applied the wrong color first. Ooops!   Oh well…we figured it out soon enough.   So…first one coat of Grand Canyon, then one coat of this:
MPC0005624-2 antelope canyon 125
Antelope Canyon- 125 by Benjamin Moore
(These paint chips won’t look true to tone on your computer.) The bolder orange on top of the more muted Grand canyon makes the PERFECT ORANGE!!  It’s bold, and calm  and sophisticated all at the same time.
The sisal in the room had to go in the dining room, because the dogs had ruined the carpet in there.  So for a new carpet I wanted something that packed a punch and wasn’t too expensive.  And since I’m soooo crazy about black and white graphics lately, I decided to use this fun zig zag carpet fromWest Elm.  Love the red edges.
westelm3x5$99
I also needed to get rid of those dark, old curtains. Pretty, but I want to let the SUNSHINE in!  I got ivory silk drapes on sale from Pottery Barn.
img2m
And bought some black wide velvet band and had it sowed on.
L1050093
L1050089
All the furniture from before will have to stay, but I needed some new pillows to go with the new look.  Used some of the samples of my own Marmalade Designs.
GreekkeyorangeMAIN
Greek Key pillow in orange (Marmalade Interiors)
GreekkeyblackcreamMAIN
Greek Key pillow in black & white (Marmalade Interiors).
And for some really inexpensive glam, maybe I’ll add the chair for $20 I picked up at the Salvation Army last week.  It will be redone but will work for now.  I like adding colors that seem like they wouldn’t work.  That’s always how you find the most interesting color combinations.
496259397c
And voila, talented photographer Geoffrey Hodgdon just took a shot of it.  What do you think?   Not a look for everyone, but it entertains me!   Dreary for sure is gone.
Jill Sorensen
We call it “shabby glam”. For now it remains a TV room, a fun bright one.
Jill Sorensen
…but I can’t wait to turn it into my office!
That rug has me SERIOUSLY drooling! Okay, lets be honest, I LOVE the entire room!  This is magazine worthy in my book!  Thoughts anyone?

19 comments:

Pine Tree Home July 20, 2010 at 7:15 AM  

Uh, amazing! I want that rug and the bold pop of color is stunning on the walls.

Unknown July 20, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

WOW! I love, love , love it! what a great wall color! Everything goes, too.

StepThruCrazy July 20, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

I love this room... I've got a soft spot for orange rooms, considering my living room is one of them.

Shopper Gal July 20, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

I must move in!! I love orange and that rug..I'm pretty sure I need it! LOVE IT!!
What a stunning transformation!

Shopper Gal
http://www.shoppergal.com/

ChRiS July 20, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

i'm not a orange person but.........wow what a difference in this room loving it

Sawdust Girl July 20, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

Fantastic. I thought the orange was crazy at first until I saw it all together. It looks amazing!

Carrie July 20, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

LOVE IT!!! I wasn't sure I was going to like the paint color they picked but all together it is perfect!

Maria Babin July 20, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

Amazing transformation! It is so chic! And all with just a bucket of paint! Kudos!

Company EIGHT July 20, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

It looks fabulous--what a transformation!!

This is my first time here, and I love it!

LiveLikeYou July 20, 2010 at 12:44 PM  

Thank You for posting my makeover on your fabulously fun and fantastic blog!!!!

Jennae July 20, 2010 at 2:08 PM  

When I saw all the individual pieces, I couldn't envision it all together, but the final look is gorgeous! Love it!

Andrea Johnson July 21, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

The rug keeps it fresh and youthful. It really turned out well! Love it:)

Andrea
www.frommylivingroom.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP