We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Turquoise Nesting Tables: Guest Remodel

20 July 2010

Melodie at The White City Project updated some old nesting tables with a bit of color and tlc.


Melodie:

So, I have this friend. She's smart, creative, giggles alot, and is a very talented writer. She is also obsessed with the colour turquoise. I am not even sure that she is aware of this obsession. In fact, she would likely look you right in the face while wearing this necklace (that she bought just a few shorts weeks ago) and claim not to favour turquoise over any other colour.

Sooooo, I found this cute set of nesting tables on Kijiji (looooove Kijiji). They were originally from The Bombay Company, one of my favourite stores, so I was excited to get them home and make 'em over. I thought these would look just great in my friend's living room (yeh, I am not above redecorating someone's house for them...even when they don't ask me to!).


I had to fix a couple of wobbly legs first...I puffy heart epoxy.

Inspired by my friend, I decided to paint these, you guessed it...TURQUOISE!

I cleaned then up, primed them, and gave them a coat of Krylon Sea Breeze. They look neato!


Glazing helped to bring out the fluting on the legs and details along the top edge. Me likey!


I thought they looked pretty good, but Mr. Mel thought they were missing something. He thought they could use a personal touch. So I traced my friend's initial in the front of the smallest table and filled it in with a small detail brush with black paint. I gave it a light sanding to soften the look. That's cool!


I protected them with a coat of Varethane. then wrapped them in a pretty ribbon and left them on my friend's doorstep. No card necessary, she'll know exactly who they're from. Oooooooh, I hope she likes them!


Cost breakdown for this project:
$20 for the tables
$0 for primer
$7 for paint
$0 for glaze
$0 for Varethane
Total Cost $27


I love the new look!  Those turquoise nesting tables look so beautiful, dyou agree? I wish she dropped them off at my house. 

9 comments:

Life in Rehab July 20, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

I just looked outside, and those are NOT on my doorstep!

In all seriousness, what a stunning makeover!

Ms. Bake-it July 20, 2010 at 3:14 PM  

Oh! I love them! I would love to have tables in that color dropped off at my door any time! Great job. Love the monogram, that was a great idea. Sheesh! Now I am going to be looking for nesting tables so I can copy her idea!

~ Tracy

Sarah July 20, 2010 at 3:32 PM  

How nice! They turned out beautiful! I have never heard of kijiji. I am going to need to check it out!

Kelli July 20, 2010 at 6:12 PM  

The monogram is what makes this project stand out! beautiful, what a lucky friend!

~Kelli @ Smidgens

Cynthia July 21, 2010 at 2:36 AM  

I love that you used non-vintage tables and gave them a vintage look. I about die when I see mahogany antiques painted over and haven't been able to do that myself. I LOVE the look though when the stuff underneath is just modern furniture made cooler.

Anonymous,  July 21, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

I LOVE these turqoise tables! They are classic with a funky twist. I love these - great job!

Carrie July 22, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

Seriously one of my favorite furniture makeovers EVER!!! Love the color!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP