We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Small Table Kitchen Island Redo! Guest

19 July 2010


This party link up shows what a little patience and work can do!  Check out what Cha Cha from Sit, Relax and Read did to this steal of a deal Kitchen Island Cart.

While I was writing about my thrifty find I remembered that I had never shared my new Kitchen Island.


I had been wanting one for years but space is very limited and I need it to be small with open shelving and be able to roll around so that I could stick it where ever I was working at the time.

I few weeks ago we went to Ikea and I picked out this FÖRHÖJA


I liked it but it was a little longer than what I wanted and it was $100 which isn't bad if it is what you want but since it wasn't just right I decided to pass. 

Thank goodness I did because look what I found when I was out junkin a few days after that.



And do you know how much they wanted for it,
of course you don't but I am going to tell you

$20.00

That is it $20.00

And guess what it was shorter


It had some signs of wear but I didn't care because I knew what I had planned for it.  So I got out my sander. paint. brushes and stain and went to town and this is what I ended up with.


Boy am I ever glad I waited and found this one.


I just love the towel bar on the end, I collect dish towels and this gives me the perfect place to show them off
and maybe use them.


Now I just need to find some kind of baskets to put underneath
But that is for another day.
\
I really love the way it turned out painted white and I love the color of the butcher block!

5 comments:

Unknown July 19, 2010 at 10:03 AM  

I love the stained the top with the rest white. That's my favorite look.

Very cute...and useful, too!
Laura

Katie Olthoff July 19, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

I absolutely adore this two-toned look!!! And so lucky for you that you didn't buy the Ikea one!

Carrie July 19, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

Love it! It is the perfect size and love the stain and white together.

Lady J July 19, 2010 at 1:36 PM  

Wonderful! I have that same cart and now I can see how to make it look 100x better, thanks!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP