We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Give Me A Sign, Wall art Project; Guest

27 July 2010

Hey This as Sandra from Sawdust and Paper Scraps back to share more with you.



When I was styling my basement entertainment center, I made a bunch of "old" signs that ended up being too small for the shelves.  So I made some larger signs for that space,

but I was left with all these that I didn't want to just throw away.


So, I decided to put them all together to create one big "art" piece.  I didn't have enough to make anything as big as I wanted so I actually had to create more small signs before I could create the "big one".


I cut and sanded some scrap wood in various sizes.  Then, printed out random words (and numbers) on computer paper and taped them to some whiteboard vinyl sticker I had leftover from a craft room backsplash.
I cut them out by hand using an exacto knive. 
HAND CRAMP!  So I got creative and found different words I could create using the same letters over and over.  {Take out the N and cut the B to make Peas out of Beans.}  {Hand paint some words..}

Then I took all my signs and layed them out.  It was kind of like a puzzle only I used my chop saw to make sure all the pieces fit together properly.  :o)

I screwed the pieces together with pocket hole screws.  
{You could use metal brackets if you don't have the pocket hole jig.}
(Sorry about these next 3 pictures but apparantly when I shut off the flash, my camera won't focus and I don't want to take the whole thing down off the wall to retake.)

 I used this heavy duty cable picture hanger although it's really not 100 lbs.  It's probably 10. 

This big empty wall needed some dressing anyway so it's OK that my original project didn't work out.  It forced me to find "something" to do with all those rejected signs.

4 comments:

Christi July 27, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

your entertainment center turned out amazing! i love how the sign came together, too. thanks for the details.

Candy July 27, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

that looks GREAT. way to go in putting to use something u already have. very creative.

Jill Marie July 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

great idea!
i may be inspired to make my own sign art!

Please let me know where you obtained those incredible slip cushions!
I love them!!
Thank you!

Brittany H July 28, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

That's adorable and such a great idea. I love getting ideas from all you smart people out there. I dont' even have a house yet but I'm stoked to make things fit like this! Great work.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP