We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

The Shed That Thinks It's A Cottage: Guest

27 June 2010

Arbor House Lane is charming!  Check out what she did with a shed.





Did you like my teaser on White Wednesday?
Come on in, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.


Ok, so I have made you wait long enough.

First I think we need to see a before picture just to show how far this shed has really come.



This shed was packed to the rafters. 
 You could not move around without having to move something out of your way first. 

Well look at the SHED NOW!


 
I am sharing Cottage 5 for Show and Tell Friday with Cindy at My Romantic Home andRemodelaholic for Friday Remodelaholic's Anonymous Meeting.

I must tell you I had the most fun working on this shed because there were no boundaries or limits as to what I could do with it.  Once Mr. M. saw that I was not going to give up and just simply put a bed in it. 

Ah, that is SO not how I do things at all. 

It started simply with painting the walls white. 

Done.

Next.


Then the ceilings went white.

Next.

 

  The floor, what to do about the floor?
 Melissa from 
Cranberry Cottage, thank you, suggested STRIPES.

YES, that is the answer.
  If you have seen previous posts of mine you will notice I like both diamonds and stripes.
 BUT a shed you are thinking, and to that I say WHY NOT?

Once the company goes home and the Fall Season starts to settle in, yes it goes back to being a shed, but for the WHOLE summer it gets to be beautiful,
COTTAGE 5.


Are you ready for the reveal?




Don't you just love them!  I even let my kids help me paint a few stripes.  I painted a border of the green all around the whole room 16x20.  Then I painted stripes of dark blue, burgundy, tan, green and light blue on the inside to make it look like a rug. 
Oh, and NO tape used here, painted all by hand baby!



Doesn't that bed look just SO comfy?  My kids tested it and thumbs up Mom.
  We are going to have movie night here this week. 
Dinner too!



I brought the iron crib down from the third floor for extra seating.





Remember, I brought the shop home.

I had to put it somewhere, now Clara Louise's pretties look right at home.




 I provided plenty of storage for the pretties. 


My shop collectibles seem to fit right in.




I sure can cram a lot into such a tiny space right? 


What weekend can I sign you up for?  

Remember breakfast is included and the pool is only a few steps away.

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit to my shed.
Now I think I may just go take a nap on that bed.
 I sure deserve it.


 How do you like her shed now? 
 I need an nice place to relax.


13 comments:

Robyn June 27, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

I'd like to book 2 nights in September when the evenings are cool but you can still swim! JK...but seriously it's DELIGHTFUL. DOUBLE DELIGHTFUL...I'd be relaxing in that bed and reading some frivolous book with a chilled glass of wine. FUN! THANKS for sharing! I LOVe love the rug too!

Linda @ A La Carte June 27, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

Wow, I would move in there, except, er I uh didn't see a potty?? Oh well that's what chamber pots are for. LOL...gorgeous!!!

At Rivercrest Cottage June 27, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

I would love to have your cottage in my backyard. I would make it an office after the summer is over. Love your blog.

judi June 27, 2010 at 6:59 PM  

this is an awesome transformation...love the windows/curtains, everything!
i did wonder where all the stuff went that was in the shed before!
judi ;)

Stephanie Suzanne Designs June 27, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

Oh, this turned out so good...you've got a great Shabby Chic theme going here....that big wonderful natural wood cabinet with the Welcome sign would be fabulous painted creamy white!

I know you are in heaven with this transformation..great job.

Stephanie ♥

The Pennington Point June 27, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

It's too bad she's turning it back into storage. It's so cute she could keep it booked all year. Lisa~

Kat's Purrfect Boutique June 28, 2010 at 2:25 AM  

Ok what day is open? cute room and a pool? I'd die and go to heaven floating in the water while thinking about the cozy bed.

Craftcherry June 28, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

Ooooh! I want one! It's so beautiful, if I hadn't seen the before pictures there is no way I would ever believe it was a shed.

awal.ny June 28, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

Oh my gosh! I was on vacation and I snuck on my hostess's computer and I found myself on your blog. Thank you so much, I am honored to be on here. I love your blog and all the remodels you show. Amazing. I am doing a post this week and linking to this. Thanks again and have a great week.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP