We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Let Him Rest, Boys Nursery; Guest

30 June 2010


This boys nursery is from Cheri at I am Momma - Hear me Roar!.  It was a recent party link and I simply love it!

Today I'm taking you on a little tour of Baden's room.  Let me first tell you what I was aiming for when I decorated it.  I wanted it to be a really calm, soothing, quiet room when he would sleep well.  I didn't want things to be too bold or too cluttered.  I also tried to make everything I could.  I was worried that since he was my second child that I would never make another thing for him once he was born.  I guess I didn't have to worry about that one.  So, here we go!

When you walk into the room you see the crib.  I made the bumper pads and crib skirt because I couldn't find what I was looking for.  I painted the piece above his crib.  I saw the quote somewhere and really liked it. 


Here's a close-up.


I love leaves and trees.


About a year ago they had the cutest line of pink bird stuff at Target.  Of course there wasn't a blue option, but I copied the look of their birds and carried them throughout the room.


The curtains were clearance table cloths and I added a little blue to the top and brown to the bottom. I backed them with black-out curtains.


The inspiration for the room also comes from this window.  We have this rose bush that climbs up the house in the back and frames his window (courtesy of the original owners because my thumb is NOT that green).  Sometimes there are little birds that perch there.  The flowers just seem to appear out of nowhere in the spring.  They bloomed the day before Baden was born last year.  It seemed like they were waiting for him.


This rocker was originally pink gingham when purchased.  My talented mom my recovered it for me.  I made a little bird pillow to go on it.


Here's the other side of the room.  You know all about the frame (painted with marshmallows) from yesterday's post.  I bought the shelf unfinished and then painted it and added knobs to dress it up a little.


I bought the letter "B" and then decoupaged on some cute birdy scrapbook paper.  Then I antiqued the edges a bit.


That is so adorable!
I especially love the painting, and the saying  on there just makes me want to cuddle a little sleeping baby!

9 comments:

Wendy June 30, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

I have been wanting to do a pair of these curtain for my bedroom, I love what you did with your sons room. Everything about it is relaxing and inviting. I especially love the Bird paper covered "B"

Wendy June 30, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

Forgot to say that the sign above the crib is reaLLY Fantastic! At first I thought it was vinyl. You are very talented!

iammommahearmeroar June 30, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

Thanks so much for linking this Cassity! I'm so excited that you liked it. Have a fabulous day!

Ms. Bake-it June 30, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

It is a wonderful room for a boy! Love the colors and all the special touches. They did a fabulous job.

Stephanie June 30, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

so beautiful! i love the "uncluttered" look. life is complicated enough! and the flowers outside the window are just a little blessing from God - just smiling in!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP