We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Dark to Bright Kitchen Update: Guest

16 June 2010

Stacy at Crafty It brightened up her kitchen with a little paint and it looks great.


Well...when I decided to paint our kitchen cabinets, I honestly thought...a day
of painting the framework
&
a day 
of spraying the doors
& we will be done!

I started April 1st and actually got quite a bit accomplished the 1st two days.
I had big plans to FINISH everything that same week.
Our sprayed didn't work that Saturday, so we went over a week with our kitchen looking like this...

ughhh.
This project was 
much bigger than I had planned out in my head.
That usually happens to me.

A week later, we borrowed my brother's sprayer & my husband sprayed the doors, while I ran to get new hardware. Guess what...I couldn't find a match :(

After 3 strikes, I sucked it up, because I was tired of seeing the messy contents in my cupboards & we used our old hardware & hung the doors.
We were a little worried about it being TOO MUCH WHITE, since our appliances are white as well...

but I love it.
It feels so nice and open!
We are not DONE yet...but much closer!

I still want to do some touch up, attach handles to the doors, fix an open space under our oven & 
eventually get...new counter tops!!!

But for now, I will stick in my budget & work on getting the paper blinds out of the windows & hanging some pretty window treatments!

Nice Job!  It does look bigger.  
I love bright kitchens. Do you?

11 comments:

Liz June 16, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

Your kitchen looks STUNNING! So bright and airy. I love it!!! I do have a question for you,... I noticed that you also painted the molding around the window white. Did you sand and prime them before applying the paint? Same question about the cabinets, did you sand and prime them first? Just asking because I have been dying to paint ours, but have not yet felt brave enough to tackle them.

TheSmellyArmpit June 16, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

WOWOWOW! It is amazing how much larger and brighter this looks! Looks Great!!!

Anonymous,  June 16, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

Oh I love it!! You did a great job, but I've always loved a white kitchen. It seems bigger to me by just looking at the pictures, so it must seem bigger to you. How much could window treatments cost? Regardless, whatever you pick out it's hard to go wrong in all white. Good work!

Haupi
http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

Anonymous,  June 16, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

It's amazing what some white paint can really do for a space. Looks great!

Jocelyn June 16, 2010 at 7:59 PM  

It looks great! How do you like your tile floors? We just bought a house with floors that look like yours. I've only had hardwood and vinyl, so the tile is going to be new for me.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com June 16, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

Wow, what a project! How did you dare paint over your oak cabnets. I have oat and I would love to paint them, but I too afraid. I love the way yours looks.

cindy@stitches

S. Chaffee June 16, 2010 at 10:48 PM  

That looks so much better! More open and everything! Here's an idea for new 'looking' counter tops. http://craftersguru.blogspot.com/2009/06/decoupaged-counter-tops.html I honestly LOVE this idea and want to do it someday if I end up with ugly counters ;o)

Kasey June 17, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

Yes, it looks much better. The kitchen is my next project. However, we have to have our A.C. installed 1st. Painting in 85 degree weather with humidity is just silly. We have dark, dark cabinets. I'm going to paint them white as well. I can't wait for the transformation.

Unknown June 17, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

Wow! The transformation is amazing. The kitchen now looked more vibrant and bright.Painting the walls a new color, putting up new curtains and you've got a great start for your makeover.

Building a house

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP