We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Crepe Streamer Ruffles Wall Art: Guest

26 June 2010

Stephanie at Under the Table and Dreaming made some cool ruffly wall art.  That I wanted to share with you!






Ruffles are everywhere and I'm loving them. I'm not normally a ruffle kind of girl as they really don't fit in with the rest of my decor so I thought I would put my own little spin on things and add them into my powder room spruce up. {yes, it's time for another round of changes in there} I am all about inexpensive wall art {and I love doing it myself to make it that way!} I was surprised at how incredible easy this turned out; if you can sew a straight line and work a glue gun you'll do just fine!

I started with an old 16X20 canvas that I had and a pack of white crepe streamers from the Dollar Tree. They are in the party section and come in a pack of two.

Unroll the streamer enough to go across the canvas twice and then another quarter of the way. This will be the size of the strips you need to cut for your ruffle. I used a total of 23 ruffle strips to completely cover the 16X20 canvas.

Set your sewing machine to the longest stitch setting and loosen the tension on your top thread. Align your cut streamer and slowly begin to stitch {do not back stitch}

Sew a section, about 4 inches long, then reach around and pull your starting stitch taut. You don't want to pull to hard just put a little tension on the thread as you sew. Holding the thread slowly stitch and let the machine do the rest. It will ruffle automatically.

Once your streamer is sewn you want to attach it to the canvas. I started at the bottom and worked my way up so the ruffles would overlap each other. Starting on one side of the canvas, use a dab of hot glue to attach the ruffle strip. Leave enough extra on the end to wrap around the side. Apply hot glue as you move along the front of your canvas and gently press in place to hold.

Once the top is glued in place apply more glue to wrap the ruffle around the sides of the canvas and onto the back. I worked in rows of three.

The ruffles are so fluffy and pretty.

I love the texture of them too!



It's hard to even tell this is created with inexpensive crepe streamer.

I'll be back tomorrow to show you how to make the flower embellishment. {just as easy} I still have something I want to try to add before I consider this done.

Here is a sneak peek of the fabric I fell in love with for the room. My powder room is small and that makes it super easy to spruce up every so often! I can't wait to share more inexpensive creations I have planned for this space. See you tomorrow {for the flower tutorial} Enjoy!




I love the texture and inexpensive too.


Your thoughts?

5 comments:

Unknown June 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

This is super cute. What a great idea for my little girls room. We are in need of art for her space. She will love it.

michaela hoenigman June 26, 2010 at 3:49 PM  

This is so cute! And I love that it is so do-able too! Thank you both for sharing this great tutorial!

Tales From My Empty Nest June 26, 2010 at 5:44 PM  

This turned out great! So simple, yet so elegant. It will be so pretty in your bathroom. Thanks for sharing the technique. I want to give this a try. Love & blessings from NC!

Ana June 26, 2010 at 8:08 PM  

Just came across your blog and have been looking around...Wow, so many cool things to see. Great ideas and great posts...Can't wait to see more. By the way, cute idea featured on todays post, and so easy...Love it!

Smiles,
♥Ana~A Petite Cottage

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP