We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Charming, Country Kitchen Reveal, Guest

05 June 2010

This lucky lady lives in ... wait for it... PARIS! And no, I don't me Paris, Idaho people! I mean the real deal, PARIS FRANCE! I know, I am trying to hold back the jealousy as we, uh,... speak! Maria of Busy as a Bee in Paris sent over this Counrty charm kitchen reno. It is so bright and cheery now!


Slowly but surely, my kitchen is becoming what I envisioned 4 years ago.... Here are some of the before, during and now photos. We're still not quite done... but the red paint was a major step forward because now we can decorate! Patience is a virtue that I'm painstakingly developing!


Old 70's brown & orange kitchen with old linoleum torn out...


Gutted out...

My cute hubby paving the way for electrical wiring for my future kitchen island....

...my lovely parents installing my very retro backsplash...

Don't you love it? I'm a big chocolate lover!


Old kitchen window looking out on backyard...


Disaster zone! New door being installed + kitchen entry being enlarged...

...new door installed, sheet rock hung to cover damaged walls...





Voilà country charm red to cozy up the kitchen... Maybe some shelves on that red wall? I say a dark brown stain, my hubby is leaning towards white. What do you think? And what about the voilage? You can't see it but it says Délices Sucrés (Sugary Treats)! The painting in the corner was made by my hubby's grandma. The vintage food magnets used to be my mother-in-laws.


We left half of the walls a creamy eggshell white to offset the boldness of the red, but they are going to need some serious decorating. Any ideas? Don't you love my retro lamp? It's from Ikea. My benches and chairs need a fresh makeover too.
Here's one white wall that I attacked yesterday with the help of my handyman hubby...
something old, something new, something distressed, country and red!

A little country charm to warm up the atmosphere...
Original aquarelle paintings that are actually in my entry.
In the background, cast iron shelf that I'm using for my cookbooks.
That wall needs to be dressed up too. Ideas?


And a view of the opposite wall, looking into the kitchen...
I love the black cast iron on the red paint.
And hens and roosters are peeking out of random corners in my kitchen.
I'm loving how my kitchen is turning out, but would LOVE to have some decorating ideas!
Please share...

They did a great job! Don't you think!?!
Do you have any ideas for her decorating the space?
Leave her a comment!

2 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP