We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Beat-up Bench Upgrade; Guest

05 June 2010

Katie at Impatiently Praying for Patience got this little number from a place called Craigs-List City and upgraded it here is what she had to say about it. 


A couple of weeks ago I got this bench for $20 from Craigslist.



Since my boys have decided that they want to be little helpers they helped me sand down the bench.



First I painted the bottom portion red. Since I am not a smart person. I didn't prime it. So 4 coats of red later I was wishing I primed it.



Wild Man did help me paint the bench which honestly was the highlight of his week. I didn't get a picture of it due to be an over anxious mom with a 4 year old who had a paint brush.

I'm sure you all understand. 

As you can see on the picture I painted white over the red.

Then I enlisted the boys help with distressing the top.




But I would advise if you are going to have two little boys beat up a bench you might want to inform your significate other due to the panic that will bestow on them when they come out to see your kids beating a product that they know your other half has been painstackingly working on.

It will save you some extra explaining and from having a panicked spouse.

I'm just saying...

I did get Romeo to use the pointy end of the paint brush and he focused only on one area... It is ok...I like it that way.




Then I used gel stain to stain the top.


 Please notice the hand print on the bench. Whoops.

Oh well, if it is stolen I have fingerprint proof that it is mine.

Then I sanded the bottom to let the red come through.



Here is the end result!



It's awaiting all the guests we are to have in the next few weeks!


We have a dining table with stained wood top and painted legs and just love it.  Nice job on the upgraded bench. 

Any thoughts?

4 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet June 5, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

I love this. I can just see Daddy's face when he comes out and see's the kids beating on the bench. I hate sanding also, I just did a post on it. I found something that is called Gloss-Off that is a fabulous time saver. I have an antiques booth so everything gets painted white. Not sanding has saved me tons of time!

Katie June 5, 2010 at 7:43 PM  

Thanks so much for the feature! I need to learn about this Gloss-off!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP