We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Room to Rest; Bathroom Remodel; Guest

25 May 2010

Kristin from My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia revamped her kids bathroom and it is just beautiful!  Check out what she did:

 
Good morning, afternoon or evening depending upon where you are, the bathroom is finally done! It was mixed emotions getting rid of the ducks but when I was all done with the project it put a big smile on my face! I have finally come to terms that my "baby" will be turning 4 today! Enjoy the tour, a few more tweaks like shelving but I couldn't keep you in suspense any longer.

Love having the sand in the lanterns, really makes it feel beachy, you can read about my lantern project here

 
The beadboard is the very first project we attempted in our house 8 years ago, it seems so long ago!

 
 
 
 
 
I repainted over the buttery cabinets that I had previously painted. The pulls I had already purchased at Anthropologie a few years ago.

I couldn't resist when I saw the #3. It's a great place to store their toothbrushes.

 
 
 
Find out how we transformed our mirrors here
 

 
You can read about my sign transformation here
 
Here is the cost breakdown
Paint $20 (Lowes)
Mirror $24 (Home Depot)
Curtain $4 (Marshalls)
Paddle $12 (Marshalls)
Lanterns $0 (homemade)
Sign $4 (homemade)
Towels $20 (Ross and Marshalls)
Toothbrush Holder $3 (Marshalls)
Towel Holder $6 (Marshalls)
Light Fixture $77 (Lowes)
Lots of shopping of the house free

Here is the transformation, sorry, no picture of it when we first moved in with white walls.



 
Not my Sophie by my Jack Russel Bailey decided to step in my paint when I took a break! It's never boring around here that's for sure :)

 
I think I've accomplished the beachy bathroom look and the boys love it! I hope I have shown you that you don't have to spend a ton of money to have the feel of a whole new room. A little bit of paint, some creativity and elbow grease can do amazing things! Make sure you stop by tomorrow for a special guest!

This is just totally wonderful!  
I love what paint can do!

7 comments:

Unknown May 25, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

I love Kristin and her Uncommon Slice of Suburbia. The rest of her house looks just as wonderful!

YAY, Kristin!

:) Laura

Jessica Marie May 25, 2010 at 11:43 PM  

It looks beautiful! Love it! Just be careful with those candles hanging on the hooks by the wall. Makes me nervous. Those jars can get hot! Anyways, I love how the colors make the mood look so calm! Love it!

Kerri - Driftwood Interiors May 25, 2010 at 11:50 PM  

Kristin, you did an amazing job on the bathroom! Love the beadboard, the gorgeous blue on the wall...in fact, I love everything! K xx

PumpkinPie May 26, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

I am so impressed with this bathroom. Very inspiring.
What else I would like to comment on is the photography used - you've been able to capture a lovely cozy feeling.
Did you use a semi-gloss on the walls? Bathroom grade?
I'll be back again : )

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia May 26, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Wow! Thanks for the feature, what a wonderful suprise when I woke up this morning, you made my day! :)
The paint is semi gloss and bathroom grade for mold. Don't worry Jessica the fire was only on for the pictures and the lantern gets taken down, I don't trust my boys LOL. Thanks for the kind remarks, have a wonderful day!
Take care
Kristin

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP