We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Posh Perfection; Table makeover; Guest

03 May 2010


This is a party highlight from a few weeks ago, but it is just so perfect I thought I would show you.  This is a good reminder that just updating one piece or two in a room can really do a lot for the space, without a ton of effort.   Shannon at Posh Pieces did this: 




I finished my table and I am totally in-love with it! 

Here's the story: I got it on craigslist for FREE with a matching side table, also for FREE. I thought when I got it that I would paint it and maybe sell it, because I didn't really NEED a coffee table. I always thought that I would have an ottoman in my front room, and not a coffee table. However, I am totally loving this table now, and although it doesn't totally go with my living room, its staying for a while until I decide.  

I decided to go with white, instead of the heirloom white. Thanks again everyone for your advice on the color.

I only sanded a little to get the top coat off, and then I applied a good coat of Zinsser Primer.


Here is the Before





 Ugly right?


Here it is today! 





I used Rustoleum Black in Semi-gloss on the hardware


Do you love the detail as much as me? 
So beautiful! Oops,, looks like i missed an area under the lip. :-)


You can tell in the back I have a lot of dark furniture. I like how the table helps to brighten the space, but at the same time I am worried hat its too bright for the space. My dinning room, which is 5 feet away has a black distressed table and matching chairs. I also have a dark finished console table in my entry... is this going to be too much of a contrast? 


Do you love it as much as I do? Not bad for a free table! 








I think the table is lovely!  
Don't you just love free?
I am not sure there is anything better!

11 comments:

Unknown May 3, 2010 at 12:22 PM  

I think it looks great. You have a nice light neutral on the wall, and your trim is a fresh crisp, white.

I think it will go a long way toward brightening things up. You can always accessorize with a few deeper pieces on top (a darker woven basket or box for remotes) or a couple of candleholders.

GREAT SCORE!
:) Laura

Kelli W May 3, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

I love it! I am getting ready to paint a console turned bench white and I'm a little worried about the contrast it will have with all my dark furniture too.

The Tuscan Home May 3, 2010 at 1:20 PM  

Not bad indeed...I *LOVE* that table!! What a great job you did on it! It looks brand new. I'm impressed! =) ~Liz

Luca Belotti May 3, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

Nice decò...nice blog..
Please visit my blog and tell me what you think about. I hope you'll be one of my followers.

Bye LB

http://lucabelotti.blogspot.com

Kate @ The Gaines Gang May 3, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

WOW! Love how it turned out. I love the lines that it has.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Redesign Diva May 3, 2010 at 4:27 PM  

Adore the table! I found your blog today, after reading a ton of blogs. I posted today on free stuff too! We are kindred. I love free,,,but i ain't always easy...lol

Tales From My Empty Nest May 3, 2010 at 7:57 PM  

Looks great! I love the way you painted the hardware black. So pretty. Love & blessings from NC!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP