We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Art-astic! Photo Display; Guest Project

03 May 2010

I liked this party link, from Jen at Piney Flats Style, because it is a simple way to display candid shots for a big impact. This is what she did:

Today I went on the hunt for my 20 picture frames...remember I needed 20 8x10 frames (I didnt care what the finish they just needed to all be the same) and I needed 20 white mats that fit a 5x7 picture.. I went to 7 different stores and nobody had what I needed.  There was not enough of the same frames at every store.  I was getting a little discouraged thinking my picture wall was not going to happen.  My last resort was none other than the Walmart.  I wasn't sure if I was going to find what I needed and if I did, what would the price be.

I believe it was fate because I found exactly 20 frames and they already had the white mats.  Let me tell you I cleaned them out!  I had to do some digging (picture me in the floor with picture frames scattered all around me .they were all in a big bin for $2.00 each and I had to search for matching ones.  I'm sure I looked like a crazy lady but I got my frames and headed to the house to get started..Now you know I like to put my pictures backwards(I like to see the pretty ones first)so here's what I did:
1)got my laser level & tape measure out & did my layout on the wall (it took me 1 1/2 hours and I was ready to pull my hair out but I gotter done)
2)primed and spray painted all frames white
3)printed out all black & white pics of "the girls" on my new hp photosmart printer
4)Literally watched paint dry
5)Insert mat & pic and hung on the wall ALL FINISHED!!! Hope you enjoy


 

Almost got it done
Doing my layout without pulling all my hair out
The tools for the job minus the spray paint..


Great Job! What do you think?  
I love it!  Way to go!
Oh and I have to point out over on Design Dump
she has another great way to hang several pieces easily, check it the link. 

8 comments:

Unknown May 3, 2010 at 11:04 PM  

This is so cute, and thrifty, i love the wall color too! thanks for sharing, stop by some time
http://dejavucrafts.blogspot.com/

Jessica Marie May 4, 2010 at 3:41 AM  

I love it! I've been thinking of an idea to do for our hallway in our vintage apartment! I think I'm going with this idea! LOVE IT! :)

Jamie May 4, 2010 at 10:37 PM  

I love this!! We have a big blank wall in our house that I've really been wanting to a photo display :) After seeing this, it really makes me want to do it soon!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP