We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Magnetic Personality! Kids Project; Guest

15 May 2010

I admit it I am not a person who puts things on their fridge. Okay, so If I get a random check that needs to be cashed, that can be on the side, not the front... So when Kelli from Random Thoughts of a Supermom sent this over, I thought that is a great idea, to keep the kids busy, while you are cooking and the fridge looking clean.


We have all stainless steel appliances in our house. They look beautiful, but the one thing {besides the fingerprints} I have always hated was that my boys never had anywhere to play with magnets. When Henry and Grant were younger I would give them a cookie sheet and some magnets to play with, but that just was never as much fun as playing with them on the wall or on the refrigerator.magnet board sneak peekSo, I made my own magnet board for the kitchen {with a little TON of help from my hubby}.



SUPPLIES:
Sheet of metal
wood trim
spray paint
buffing compound
adhesive



I picked up the supplies for this project for around $20 at Lowes. The sheet of metal was around $10, the trim was around $6, the spray paint was $3, and Jason already had the buffing compound and the adhesive.First, we had to decide how big we wanted our magnet board to be. Ours was only going to be a little bit smaller than the precut pieces of metal at Lowes, so Jason brought it home and trimmed it down. I'm pretty sure that they will also cut it to size for you at the store.



Then, Jason cut the frame and I spray painted them with at least three coats of black. I knew there would be lots of little hands on this, so I wanted it to be as durable as possible.



Jason also used some buffing compound to polish the metal so it would be shiny. We used some spray adhesive to attach the metal to the side of the kitchen cabinet, and then we attached the frame to the metal piece using the same adhesive. You could also use screws or nails to hold the metal and frame into place depending on where you put it. Now the boys have a fun place to play with magnets, and because it is in the kitchen {but not close to the stove} they can play in the kitchen more while I am cooking dinner. Now maybe I can get my tupperware cabinet organized:)




What do you all think? Clever huh!

3 comments:

Tricia May 15, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

This is genius! I think that I will be doing the same thing very, very soon!
Thanks for the inspiration.

Mary Elizabeth May 15, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

Hello! Visiting and following you back from "A Novel Idea" - love your blog!!!

Unknown May 15, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

That's a great idea. I don't like stuff on my fridge, either. I've lined up three inexpensive IKEA magnet boards and hung them on a narrow, little used space in our breakfast nook. That's where I keep our collected magnets and photos that I like to see all the time arranged in a sort of mosaic pattern.

Bravo!
Laura

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP