We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Live and Dine; Before & After! Party Highlight

05 May 2010

I saw these rooms and instantly fell in love!  I love the bright feeling of the dining/living room.  Thanks Samantha over at Walnut and Ivory  for linking up to the party.  Here is what she said


I thought I’d share the latest happenings at Walnut & Ivory homestead!
This is the living area before, with the previous owner’s furniture…
before01

And this is after a few ‘afters’ since I moved in, as I’ve now moved my dining table here as well! The walls are ‘Limed White’ Dulux and the back of my bookcases I painted ‘Pebbledash’ Nippon for extra depth and focus! I’ve also joined up to the leaning mirrors bandwagon which in my opinion works better when you have such heavy mirrors!
019

I decided that I should be arranging my house as to what works best for us, not how it ’should’ be. So I have used this large area as a living and dining as we simply don’t need so much space!
Please note the gorgeous round pedestal table and adorable chairs! These were my latest find from the thrift shop as I had been on the hunt for a round table for a while! In the spirit of a true DIYer, I was far too excited to remember to take a before picture so I had to hunt one down on the net. This is the closest I could find, the whole set was in the baltic pine colour of the top of the table..
before

I busted out my trusty spraypaint and only required a primer and top coat and they were ready to go! I also picked up some cute ‘ducks egg’ cushions to make them a little more comfortable… Here is the after!
003

I’m so pleased with the cosy ‘country farmhouse’ feel it has. I still do intend to sand down the top and stain it more a walnut tone, because MY NEW HARDWOOD FLOORS ARE COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. Sorry, a little excited there.  More pictures? Sure!
0010

The blanket box found it’s way out of our bedroom, it’s just too nice to keep hidden away! A little seating area for reading…
002

My very first ‘tablescape’. I went for a simple country theme to match the dining setting.
012

My own DIY cloche I made from upturning a cheap vase and a little wooden cheeseboard!
011
Beautiful wine glasses were an engagement present from my parents…
010

I love the detail of these little lanterns, they were on special at Spotlight a while ago,
I wish I had have bought more! Love lanterns!!
013

I’m really pleased with how the dining set turned out. Just how I had imagined, which is always a good thing!
006
I’m lovin that tulips are in season, found these pretty pink ones at the supermarket!
This is another before from a different angle… It’s amazing how dark the space felt looking back now!
before02
And after!
018
Please excuse the hulking air-con, I’m afraid it’s a necessity in Australia!
So that’s the new arrangement, I think it works better for us and I have always felt that a dining room should have lots of natural light, whereas the corner it was tucked into before just wasn’t providing it. As much as I would love a huge window in my office, I don’t particularly need one as I have lots of pretty things to look at on my computer (such as all your lovely inspiring blogs!!) :) Thank you to those who have joined up to follow my process, it means a lot and inspires me to keep making the most of my home! Much love!!


I love the white furniture!  
What do you think! 

15 comments:

Wendy May 5, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

I love this! It is so dreamy and fresh! I am all for white furniture, for me, right now though, I worry about the upholstery and the little fingers running about my house ☺.

Needles Everywhere May 5, 2010 at 1:36 PM  

WOW. What am amazing difference. So bright and cheery, light and airy. Your table is darling. I don't own a cloche and refuse to buy one, so I really appreciate your idea of turning a vase upside down. How clever you are. I love the dishes (of course), and I would love to have a huge mirror propped against a wall, but I have a toddler around as well as three narcisistic dogs and I'm afraid I'd spend all my time cleaning it!! THanks for the post. I need all the inspiration I can get.

Suzanne May 5, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

I think it's an amazing transformation. Love the light, airy feel of it all. It's beautiful, but also looks so comfortable and livable. Love it.

Yellow House Knits May 5, 2010 at 2:22 PM  

Wow! What a lovely transformation! I agree with your take on white furniture--I have a sticker that says "When in doubt, paint it white."

Jamie May 5, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

I love all the white! However, I probably wouldn't have it in my house for the fear of getting everything dirty!

Kerri - Driftwood Interiors May 5, 2010 at 4:34 PM  

It looks amazing! You can never go wrong with a total whitewash, and how about the power of white paint? So good to see another great Aussie blog! K xx

Kerry May 5, 2010 at 5:03 PM  

It's fantastic and I do love finding another Aussie by crossing the oceans!

Abby May 5, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

Gorgeous! I love it! I'm all about the white furniture at the moment, so you've won me over :)

Tales From My Empty Nest May 5, 2010 at 6:29 PM  

Wow!! I can't believe that change. It looks wonderful. I love all the white. Love & blessings from NC!

Unknown May 5, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

What a change. it looks great in white. I love the table as well. Great job! Wish I could move in.

Miss Mustard Seed May 5, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

Everything looks gorgeous! I love the upside-down vase/cloche idea. Clever girl.

Deb May 6, 2010 at 7:07 AM  

I just found you blog, yummy. I will be back often to explore. It is so yummy!
I love your latest transformation and have a question about the table and chairs. I am in the hunt for a round table myself. Did you have to sand the heck out of the pieces before painting them (I hate sanding). Do you have a paint gun or did you use cans of spray paint?
Thanks so much for sharing.

Samantha - Walnut and Ivory May 6, 2010 at 6:10 PM  

Thanks for the feature and all the lovely comments!
Deb - I didn't sand the furniture at all, I used cans of spray paint (4 cans of primer and 4 cans of top coat = $45 AUD). As I have cushions on the chairs and only the underside of the table is painted, there are no problems with excessive wear. I think it would be wise to sand something if it was going to have bums sitting directly on it all day long though!!
xx

Anonymous,  May 12, 2010 at 12:10 AM  

Im so glad I found this! Im in the middle of painting my dining chairs white and I was a little afraid that it wouldnt look so good. I love what you did with the room and I cant wait to get done with mine!!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP