We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

In tune; Piano Refinish; Guest

30 May 2010

When I saw this great link I had to ask Mag of Craft With Me if I could feature it. You see I myself had a little mishap when moving my piano and, now my own is needing a redo.  This is great inspiration.  Check it out:


I'm a pianist, I always joke that I play the piano as long as I remember I had crushes on boys.  So I got this piano last summer for $200.  


A $200 piano sound like how it is, really not bad, but it's not the best piano.  I told my husband, the next one will be a grand piano or at least just like the one when I grew up.  I don't like wood... so I had to painted it...  so I chose a pale blue.  I really love it.  It made me so happy.



As  you can see, the bottom part of the piano is painted a different blue for the detail.  I had more details to paint with that color... ( the details on the top of the piano if you can see it )


And I moved the piano to the corner of the room.  I still have to fix this wobbly piano bench, paint it and recover it with another fabric.  Any suggestion for the fabric?  Do you think i should choose a blue one too?  or a different color?

I think that is so cool!
Why not have a fun piano!
Great job!

7 comments:

Pam May 30, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

Honestly, I would never have thought of painting an old piano. I've never seen it done before and now that I have, I wonder why everyone isn't doing this! It's really a beauty now; great job!!!

memakingdo May 30, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

I love this idea but I think my husband would kill me if I told him I wanted to paint the piano but it would look so cute like that!!!

Rustic Barnyard May 30, 2010 at 10:15 PM  

Wow, our piano too had some nicks put in it from our moving, but I never thought to paint it. Something to consider.

banclothing December 5, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

Definitely a bold statement piece. I agree about the woody look.. my piano is a high gloss black which over the years is looking less and less glossy. The only thing I am worried about is changing the sounds. Did you find yours changed?

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP