We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Fifth wall; Beadboard Ceiling Makeover: Guest

14 May 2010

Please join my link party !  (here)

I love beadboard, even on the ceiling!  How lovely! See how House of Smith's did it.


This has got to be my MOST favorite project that we have done to date.  I LOVE the way it turned out.  I've gotten lots of emails about this bathroom ceiling... so here ya go!
The full tutorial!


Before

Our ceiling was just a bit too long for JUST a plain beadboard ceiling, and we didn't want to have any seams between pieces, so I came up with the idea of doing a thick frame, to compensate for the extra space, that the beadboard couldn't reach.
We bought some 7 inch board... and cut a basic 45 degree angle frame
(Cas making sure it fits well, AFTER the cut... Ya... that's how we roll... lol)





This is the whole thing... cut... before we painted and installed it.

I painted all the pieces white before we installed anything.

The less painting in the "air" that you... your husband has to do... the better! lol.
I've said it before... he takes ALL the credit for this projects amazing work. lol.  Gimmie a break, I'm only 5'3
The boy has over a foot on me!

this pictures a couple years old... but you get the point...


K... moving on...
Some liquid nails on the back of each piece
(please don't mind the mess downstairs... ugh)


First piece up!
(we also used our nail gun and put a few nails along each piece.)


Just the frame up on the ceiling


Up goes the beadboard!
This room only took one piece.
We actually had to cut it down a bit, after we had the frame up.


This isn't just a one man/woman job... it takes a little "crew"... and a photographer. :)


Landon (Cason's brother) JUST proposed to cute Stephanie, here, this past week!
She said YES!
I think it was the beadboard ceiling experience that brought them together, in the end....
I'm just saying........
 Here at the House of Smith's... amazing things can happen...
(shrug...hands in the air)  :)


On goes the trim piece, inside.
We just used liquid nails for this step, and some tape to hold it in place while it dried... we didn't want to split the thin wood


ALL the work we do is ALWAYS perfect!
(rolling my eyes)...


Thank the heavens for the man/woman who created this stuff!



because we needed quite a bit. lol


Here is the view from the ground...
on my back... shorty before my 2 year old bounded in... and dive-bombed me. 


Last trim piece!
Just adhered with liquid nails as well.



More nail hole filling, and painting!



TA-DA!
Finished!


I'm replacing the vent cover...

(It drives me nuts, but is better than a big hole in the middle of the beadboard)
I'll take pictures when I do that... to show you what I come up with.

K... now go beadboard something, this weekend! :)

I love this, I may just have to do this in the bathroom I am working on now!
What do you think?

10 comments:

House of Smiths May 14, 2010 at 4:27 PM  

WOW! Thanks so much for the feature!
I'm totally honored!!!
And YES! Do it!
You will LOVE it!
:)
Shelley Smith

Breathing In Grace May 14, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

That looks amazing!!! Great job!! What a wonderful "trick" to make the frame around the bead board. Thanks for the "tutorial", too!! Love you blog...and your humor!!!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 May 14, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

This really is beautiful. The thick trim work around the edge is what makes it special.

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink May 14, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

Love the beadboard ceiling! I never would have thought to do that! We have horrible popcorn ceilings...I may just have to steal your idea! Great job and thanks for sharing!!

Katie May 14, 2010 at 5:33 PM  

Oh my, that is such a great idea!!! LOVE how that looks! Wonder what it would look like in my bathroom ...

Angie May 15, 2010 at 6:43 AM  

What a fantastic ceiling I LOVE IT. I also have to agree with you. The putty is AMAZING. My dad said it is the slickest stuff he has seen in a while when it comes to putty.

Just wanted to let you know I am following your blog but as soon as reorganize mine I will be grabbing your button.

Stephanie - My Frugal Lifestyle May 15, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've hopped on over to yours and instantly fell in LOVE with your style and crafting ideas. Especially the one's that are easy on the budget :)

I'm following you back!

Stephanie @ My Frugal Lifestyle
www.myfrugallifestyle.blogspot.com

Carrie May 15, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

Wow! Your ceiling looks great. I love the idea of framing the beadboard. Very original!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP