We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Stained on Purpose, Staining Leather Furniture; Guest Feature

29 April 2010

I saw this and had to share it, Lindsay of Lindsay and Andrew got this chair from the dump... I admit that makes me sorta jealous, and look how she revived it.  Here is what she said:

Perhaps you remember this little guy, who we snagged from a lady as she was about to unload him into the landfill.



Well he was in perfect condition (yes objects in my life have genders.) but was very sun faded. And next to our other couch which wasn't sun faded, our yellow table, and our funky rug it was just a little too much color for me.



Well we bought leather dye a long time ago, I just never got around to it.



Well I was in the middle of scrubbing baseboards, and about to scratch my eyeballs out I hated it so bad. I decided, no time like the present to dye our chair. And because, like my sister says, I have the attention span of a Yorkie puppy, I couldn't be bothered with trying to find gloves. Big mistake... More on that later. So I applied the dye in fast circular motions and BAM it's like a new chair!



I love it... I'm just sitting here admiring it in our living room!! It was too easy! But with every project comes a battle scar.



Just hope I can find a way to get it off before Wednesday for Drew's sister's wedding. Yikes.


Maybe I'll just tell people it's frostbite. Look at Drew's toes, sneaking into my pictures!

I am pleased to say that here hands recovered!  
And so did the chair, 
I think "he" will have a wonderful second life!

10 comments:

LaLaLand April 29, 2010 at 5:06 PM  

Oh My Goodness! She doesn't like gloves either! :D
I had no idea you could do this...great post.

Jessica @ Decor Adventures April 29, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

You are crazy! Glad the hands came clean. And thanks for the tip on dying leather - who knew?

Beth@The Stories of A to Z April 29, 2010 at 9:50 PM  

It looks fantastic! I need to do this with my couches and will remember to wear gloves :)! I could so see myself diving in and doing it without.

Unknown April 29, 2010 at 10:10 PM  

Thanks for the post! And all of the comments! Good news is the dye came off my hands layer by layer after only 4 days! Ha ha not to bad!

Robyn April 30, 2010 at 6:08 AM  

That's INCREDIBLE! He's so flippan handsome now! (yes, I use genders too a lot! Plus I totally anthropomorphasize my animals. Weird. I. Know.) Your hands gave me the biggest giggle! Glad they are clean now! My son was spray painting bird houses white so he went to school for 3 days looking like he had the worst case of dry skin EVER.

Anonymous,  April 30, 2010 at 5:56 PM  

Great job on the chair. There's nothing more warm, inviting and beautiful than the look of old leather that looks new. By the way, there are paint gloves that will help your disease. If you're like me though, it's always better to put them on prior to painting. :)

Anonymous,  November 10, 2010 at 5:40 AM  

luv,luv,luv this project. I too, probably would have jumped in there w/out gloves. I get so excited. Anyhoo, sorta hard to me to tell, SOOO, did you change chair color, or just refresh it.
Either way, it is beautiful. I have green leather and would love to change color to tan/beige/light brown. Do ya know if that can be achieved? Did you purchase stain at lowes/homedepot type stores, or a paint store? thanks for a response. love your blog bigtime too.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP