We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

No Place Like Home, Guest Tutorial

15 April 2010


Alissa from 33 Shades of Green sent this over in reply to my request for tutorials.
I love this!  She linked this up to my party a few weeks ago,
and I fell in love with her house when I saw it as well!

.
I was inspired to make these decorative letters after seeing so many great ones out in blogland. 

.

Supplies:

- Wood letters (mine were 99 cents each from Hobby Lobby)
- Scrapbook paper
- Craft glue
- Craft Paint
- Gloss varnish (optional).

Step 1: Trace letters (face-down) on back of paper..

.
Step 2:  Paint the edges and sides of letters with craft paint.
.
.
Step 3:  While the paint is drying, cut the letters out of the paper..

.
Step 4:  Glue paper to wood letters.  I usually dilute the craft glue with a little water so that it's easier to brush on.

.
.
Step 5:  I had some gloss varnish so I decided to brush it on.  I don't think this was really necessary, but it does add a nice sheen to the painted wood edges.
.

Step 6:  Let letters dry and you are finished!
.
.
I decided to put the letters in a nook I have by my back door. 

.

This was a quick, easy project, and for less than $6.00 added a nice pop of color.

Doesn't that look great?  Not to mention how beautiful that nook looks with the great wainscoting!  Thanks Alissa for sending this over!

4 comments:

Unknown April 15, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

I like using decopouge on mine instead of the glue and varnish. It can be used for both!

Connie April 15, 2010 at 6:20 PM  

Oh, that's adorable! I may steal your idea for my sewing room! Something like, "create". Who knows, it's months from being a reality but I won't forget this!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP