We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Count to Ten, New House Numbers, Guest Project

24 April 2010

I think this quick little update is a great idea it is from Jen over at Just for Rachel.
This is what she had to say:  Here are my new house numbers!
They are just wooden squares from any craft store ($0.50 each) with metal house numbers I found at Shoppers Outlet for $2 each.
.
I was having lots of issues trying to find numbers that would fit. The only one's at Home Depot were 4" numbers and I needed 3". I tried painting them on, and it didn't look good (notice the number 4 where I started to paint over it with frustration!?) Then I was going to order some in vinyl from Shelly @ House of Smiths, but I finially found the above ones that fit perfect!
These numbers came brass and I spray painted them Heirloom White. We put them up with finishing nails, and I just used a sharpie to "paint" the nails black :) I do that all the time! I did it on my knobs and hinges, and even I couldn't tell you which ones have it.

Look at the old light fixture, the old house numbers, and brass door bell.
I got my light at a yard sale for $5. It used to be cream, and I primed and painted it black (taking it all apart first).

Here is the new and improved door bell. The inside is still yucky, but all I did was unscrew the cover and spray paint it.

The old house numbers got pried off, and I was able to be reminded of what the original color of our house was. I washed that area, filled the holes with putty, and had to paint 3 coats to cover that beatiful color.
Here is my new front porch. Do you like it?? Much better, huh!
DIY House numbers that only cost $10! Sweet!

Great job Jen!
Have y'all done any outdoor projects lately?

9 comments:

Unknown April 24, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

What a great idea for your house numbers. I love how the white pops against the wooden plaques. I also ADORE the color on your door!!!

Six in One Hand April 24, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

I am soooo loving this!!!!

I might just have to steal, I mean borrow, this idea!!

Unknown April 24, 2010 at 11:30 PM  

Cute numbers, door, and bench! love it all!
stop by some time, dejavucrafts.blogspot.com

Jen @ Just for Rachel April 25, 2010 at 12:45 AM  

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful surprise!! I just checked my email and had comments on my house numbers, and one of them told me they saw me here :). Thank you so much for the feature, I'm honored!

Kelli W April 25, 2010 at 8:58 AM  

I love the numbers! And the red front door and the bench! Is that bench made out of an old headboard?!? So cute!

The Keylors June 11, 2010 at 12:41 AM  

So cute! It's amazing to see the difference! I am totally inspired! This is my next project!

Brian July 15, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

Looks great! The only problem I see is one I discovered from changing our own porch light (nearly identical to this one!) and numbers a few months ago: at night, the numbers are completely in shadow. Next time I'm either putting the number opposite the light (which I don't like the look of), getting a fixture that casts light down as well, or making self-illuminated numbers of some sort.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP