We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Asparagus, Mushrooms and Crepes, OH MY!

25 April 2010

I have to tell you all a funny little story.  My nephew Tyler has always been super smart. As a young child, he had quite a large vocabulary and was always thinking deeply about things.  One day (around the age of 2-1/2) while eating and swallowing something, he stopped to explain that the food was "Going down my asparagus" (he meant Esophogus).  Now 9 years later, I still quote that every time I make asparagus.  And this recipe is no exception.



So, the truth is I rarely have plans for dinner, and a month or so ago when I made this, I was on a crepe kick.  I had asparagus and mushrooms I needed to use, so I googled the ingredients and improvised.  I am telling you, I have said it before and I will say it again-  I. love. google. search.  It answers quickly and easily without hesitation every time, the age old question " What is for dinner?"

Chicken, Asparagus and Mushroom Crepes
4-6 servings
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large skillet or saucepan, over medium heat, add
2 Tbls butter, melt, add
10 sliced mushrooms, saute till beginning to brown

add:
3 green onions, diced
add cubbed Chicken, cook till almost done

add: 
1 cup chicken broth
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
4 oz cream cheese

Cook down till chicken is completely done and sauce has thickened stirring occasionally.  




Crepes
Next start on your crepes, this recipe is quick and easy.  
(** if you happen to find yourself with extra crepes, that is no problem, simply cook them 
and serve with a little Nutella wrap and top with whipped cream after dinner! SO GOOD)

1 cup flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter, melted

In a bowl whisk together the flour, salt, eggs, milk and water.  Add the melted butter and beat until smooth.

Pour a 1/4 cup scoop onto a preheated (possibly sprayed with cooking spray) skillet. Immediately tilt the pan in a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface thinly and evenly.

Cook about 2 minutes(or until it is no longer glossy), loosen bottom flip and cook the other side.


Asparagus
While sauce is thickening on a little foreman type grill or in another skillet, grill your asparagus.
Trim the ends off your asparagus, and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill til crisp-done. (don't over do it they will cook more in the oven)

Assemble rolls, in a Pyrex type baking dish (8 x 11)
Add desired amount of filling to the center 1/3rd of the crepe, lay 2-3 spears of asparagus over filling wrap and repeat.  Fill baking dish, sprinkle lightly with cheddar cheese (or swiss if you prefer)
 



Bake 10- 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crepes are hot.


What great recipes have you made lately?
Recipe links only please!

7 comments:

CourtneyB April 25, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

I sure do love crepes . . . but I have to admit, I've never ventured beyond dessert crepes (how can asparagus and mushrooms compete with chocolate and strawberries?). Still, that looks yummy!

Katie Olthoff April 25, 2010 at 9:51 AM  

Mmmm...those look really yummy! I have made crepes ahead of time and frozen them before (I may even have some in my freezer right now!)

Unknown April 25, 2010 at 11:10 AM  

Embarrassing confession: I have never prepared my own asparagus. I'm glad to have a quick tute on how to do it. Looks YUMMY!

Marla April 25, 2010 at 11:50 AM  

I think this looks wonderful! I have never been brave enough to make crepes, but I think I might give it a whirl with your recipe. Thanks, Marla

Tiffanee April 27, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

Wow! This looks amazing!! I have some asparagus that needs to be used. This sounds like the perfect dish.

SnoWhite April 30, 2010 at 7:25 AM  

oh, my! You have used two of my favorite ingredients together -- mushrooms and asparagus!! Thanks for this recipe :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP